Monday, February 14, 2011

Crave-Worthy Almond Bark Popcorn Recipe

Happy Valentine's Day!  Here's Bella all dressed up for the occasion.

IMG_5927

Onto the post topic - Almond Bark Popcorn.  This was introduced to us by some of our great friends, the Lawsons - shout out to you guys and your awesomeness - miss you.  The reason that I call it Crave-Worthy is that John described this to me as his "Puppy Chow."  If we have Puppy Chow in the house, I cannot stop myself from eating it.  Really, it is a problem.  And my stomach usually becomes sort of sick from it.  He feels that way about this treat that is super easy and fun.

I start by melting two or three squares of almond bark in the microwave at 30 second intervals until it is all melted.

IMG_5909

Then pop the popcorn - I think any popcorn will work well.  For some reason, we have mass amounts of popcorn in our pantry, though we haven't bought it in a long time.  I opted to use the popcorn that expired in 2008 vs. the one that expired in 2004.

Popcorn Expire

Once the popcorn is popped, pour it into a bowl and pour the melted almond bark over it.

IMG_5912

Then, spread it all out onto wax paper to let it dry.  It will be ready to enjoy in about 10 minutes.

IMG_5913

You could easily make it festive by dying the almond bark the color of your choosing.  It is that wonderful blend of salty and sweet.  Crave-worthy.  Enjoy!

2 comments:

Rachel J. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachel J. said...

Love this- we like it with a drizzle of dark chocolate when it is spread out to set. (PS I love seeing all of your posts- and your beautiful little girls.)