Thursday, February 17, 2011

Spinach Artichoke Pasta with Chicken: Yes, Please.

On Valentine's Day, it was my day to cook for Food Co-Op, and I opted for one of my stand by favorites - Spinach Artichoke Pasta with Chicken.  It is a knock-off of a dish from the restaurant Noodles in Fayetteville.  A great friend of ours from college basically made it up and nailed it!  It is also very pretty - prettier than this picture even shows, since I forgot the Grape Tomatoes to garnish it with this time.

IMG_5945

Here is what you need.
1 bag of 12 oz Bow-Tie Pasta
1/2 bottle of Garlic/Herb Marinade
1/4 cup of Butter
1/2 pint of Heavy Whipping Cream
1/2 pint of Half and Half
10 oz bag of frozen Spinach, thawed
1 can of Artichoke hearts, cut into pieces
2 cups of cooked, cubed Chicken
Parmesan Cheese
Grape Tomatoes

IMG_5935

Like I said, I completely forgot the tomatoes on this round, and they add that gorgeous red.  Another note, this is delicious, but not exactly "heart healthy."  All in moderation, as you know, or at least as I try to tell myself, because I like to keep eating this particular pasta.
The instructions are pretty simple.  Cook and drain your noodles.

IMG_5936

Put them back into the pot, and then basically, you can dump everything else in there until the whole thing is heated through.  Pretty simple.  I start with the marinade and follow it with the butter so it can melt pretty smoothly with the noodles.  Then I add in the creams - I like any sentence that says "I add in the creams", plural.

IMG_5943

Finish off by adding the spinach, artichoke and chicken.  I heated it over medium to medium high heat for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.  Then garnish with the parmesan cheese, which I do by the heaping pile, and the tomatoes.  Ready to go!  I served it with a Bacon Caesar Salad and Parmesan Bread with a White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake for dessert.

While I was cooking, I looked over to find my girls quite occupied with one another.  Never a dull moment.

Girls by Swing

0 comments: