Wednesday, March 28, 2012

This Week

      This week, John let Lily play in the sprinklers as he made sure they worked.  Bella was crushed to the point of banging her head on the ground that she was not allowed.

IMG_2866

This week I took the girls on an impromptu trip to the Zoo, because the weather is beautiful.  (And, I think I wanted to avoid housework.)  Here's Bella and the bear that she called "Kitty," because that is what she calls every animal right now.

IMG_2874

Sweet sister hugs and mommy kisses.

IMG_2878
IMG_2894

Wiggly girls in front of blooming azaleas.

IMG_2882

This week this girl thinks she is potty-trained, though she is actually no where near.  I have pulled way back to let her become a little more ready, and it has led to lots of accidents, everywhere, including at the Zoo.  I am becoming adept at cleaning up pee and reminding myself that it is sterile.  I heard Lily talking to Bella saying, "Me and Francie (our cat), we are big girls.  We go tee-tee in the potty and wear panties."  If only.

IMG_2886

This week Lily had another performance at Bloom, and this was the face she wore whenever she was turned toward the crowd.  Which was only about half the time.

IMG_2899

This week I am sorting the girls' clothes (one of my least favorite tasks) and thinking that we have too much stuff.  We just do.  I have to remind myself of that when I am at Target and see something cute for them.  I am trying to assess how much clothing they actually need for a season, and then I want to stop there and not keep buying just because I could.  Sometimes saying no is hard, and I pray that God will grow me in this area.

IMG_2907

This week I have fallen off the housework, cooking and laundry bandwagons, which is unfortunate, since I am depended upon for all of those tasks.  The potty-training combined with other things that have come up have distracted me, and the laundry is piling up in clean piles.  And since my mom isn't here to fold it this week like she did last week, I am getting to a bad place with it all.  Ah, well.  Such is life this week.  I am sure next week will be different.

3 comments:

Tales from Goshen said...

Looks like you guys are having fun, Carol! Those are some absolutely daring girls you have. I can only imagine how much fun it will be to have two little girls be best buds. Or best enemies, on some days. And don't feel bad, I have been terrible at housework this week, myself. It's supposed to be my Spring Break and I've taken that quite literally. Making next week an unpleasant prospect...

Tales from Goshen said...

Darling, not daring girls...

Kristin Murdock said...

I love Bella's little legs, and am really so impressed at how hard Lily is working toward being potty trained. Way to go Spensts!