Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Summer Play Dates

      Summer is upon us, which brings me mixed feelings.  I love the sleeping in.  John and I have said several times recently that we need to savor these times, because the girls are truly awesome sleepers, and I don't hear from them until well past 8 most days.  I do not love the total lack of schedule that summers include.  This morning, I woke up, knowing I needed/wanted to get several things done on the adoption paperwork front.  I also realized that I had a whole day in front of me with my little friends with nothing planned for us.  Hmm. . . now what?  So, I know I need to make a cutesy list and schedule out and plan a bit more for our fun and sanity.  Until then, I have been surviving on play dates with friends.  Not every day, but lots of days.  Here are a couple from this week and last.

A day at the zoo.  It is so nice to do the zoo with friends and before it is blazing hot and even more stinktastic.

IMG_4121
IMG_4126
IMG_4127
IMG_4133

Yesterday we tried out Little Rock's new splash park.  I do not want to disclose the location, because I want this to be an undiscovered gem for just my friends and I to enjoy, which I am sure will not happen, especially once the public schools are out of session.  Anyway, it is amazing, and the kiddos sure loved it.

IMG_4191
IMG_4199
IMG_4204
IMG_4205
(Bella is a climber.  She was so angry when I made her stop climbing half way up, where I couldn't spot her.)
IMG_4212

These play dates usually involve bringing lunch and all eating together.  Yesterday I was remarking that this really is a perk of being a stay at home mom.  Picnic lunches with a bunch of friends at the park.  Sounds good to me.

IMG_4206
IMG_4209
IMG_4207

Next goal - get pictures of myself with children on said play dates to prove that I was there.  What are we up to next, ladies?  I am lost on a day without a play date.

2 comments:

the osbornes said...

totally agree with you about the new splash park! When we were there last Friday I was getting a little nervous thinking of what it will be like once all the school kids discover it this summer. yikes
PS. I can't even contain my jealousy over them sleeping til PAST 8:00. Noah has slept that late 0 days of his life. Today he was in my room at 6:13.

Elizabeth said...

Play dates are the best:)

We were in LR last weekend and knew nothing about this splash park-bummer! We'll have to visit it next time.