Wednesday, August 29, 2012

LUNCH WITH FRIENDS

Lunching with friends is a lifeline in my life.  Seriously.  After a tough morning, or even after a good morning, meeting up with friends in the same stage of life is such a blessing to us.

I have lunched with a friend or several friends every day so far this week.  This is actually pretty common for me and the girlies, and I just wanted to state that and remark about how awesome it is.  I don't have many pictures from our many lunches, but here's a great example from a couple of months ago at the zoo.

IMG_4133

Today, lunching with friends saved my sanity.  As I was headed to pick up the girls from MDO, John called saying that his car was on the fritz.  Let's just say that the next 20 minutes involved a series of phone calls, ordering lunch that we got to eat about half of, John's car breaking down completely and spewing smoke on the interstate, an accident involving urine all over the floor and several full blown tantrums.  Oh, and a lot of disjointed conversations.

Getting to my car felt like the hardest thing I would ever have to do in my life.

Having friends that helped clean up the pee, laughed with me instead of at me and were generally encouraging and comforting about the whole thing was great.  Thanks, friends - you guys are the best and lunching with you makes my life better all the time.

Hopefully getting John's car fixed will not cost us an arm and a leg.

Untitled

We'll see.

1 comments:

Courtney said...

I'm so sorry! Day's like that are terrible! Looking forward to breakfast with you!