Sunday, February 10, 2013

BON VOYAGE

We are getting ready to set sail. I am writing to record a few things. Yesterday felt like I had to try to turn my mind off. It is used to spinning a million different ways and also being accosted by requests. When we travel with CFA, it requires very little mental energy. Herding would be an appropriate term.

You show up. There are people holding CFA signs directing you where to go. There are treats and drinks waiting just for you. It is only adults, so there is no toddler wrangling that so epitomizes my daily life.

Last night, I felt like I was trying to detox. And it is harder than it used to be to relax. But, we are managing. We had a delightful dinner out with friends last night.

IMG_0493
IMG_0492
IMG_2700

This morning we woke up early and had this exchange.

Carol: "We are ruined. We can never sleep in again."
John: "Yes, we are actually rotting corpses of our former selves. Except today, there are no little flesh eaters to nibble our toes and try to get us out of bed."

After that bit of drama, we got down to breakfast with more friends. That's the fun thing about Seminar- it is a giant family reunion. We also walked on the beach for a while.

IMG_0495

Then, it was time to board the boat. Since we were fortunate enough to have all of our documents this year, we got to get right on.

IMG_2705

The girls are having a wonderful time with Grandma and Grandpa.


Looking forward to time away- it always makes me appreciate my normal life more.

1 comments:

Kristin Murdock said...

SO MUCH FUN spending the week with you guys!