Friday, February 22, 2013

THIS CRAZY WEEK: HIGHS & LOWS

I think it is safe to say that February has taken us by storm. That is not all bad- clearly, it has included a great vacation. Which was definitely needed.  This week has included so much activity, that I know God timed our vacation so we could rest up for weeks like this one.  Most of it was fun stuff, but even doing too much fun stuff can be overwhelming.  (Oh, my first world life.)

Here are the highs and lows.

High:  Being back with the ladies.  And leopard print.

Untitled

Low:  Everyone readjusting back to real life in our house.  This was kicked off by a really bad lunch at Cracker Barrel.  The food was fine; the attitudes around the table were not.  So much whining, most of it from people 4 and under.  But not all of it.

Untitled

Low:  Having to use our shop vac on 3 separate occasions in about 24 hours.  John managed to shatter a glass.  Lily managed to break a bowl, and I used the shop vac on John's bare chest to get some of the peeling skin off so he wouldn't leave flakes of sunburned skin lying around.  Yes, you read that correctly.  I'll spare you the picture of that.

Untitled

High:  Little girl giggles.  The girls play together exceptionally well.  I have only ever had them, so I can't compare it, but they get along so well so much of the time.  I am so thankful.

Untitled

Low:  Being so busy that getting to projects like organizing this shelf in my closet seem like only a pipe dream.  Why does it look so crazy?  And why did I think I would have time to do anything about it anytime soon?

Untitled

Low:  Driving through the snow/sleet/wintry-mix storm to get to NW Arkansas.  We were driving across the blue and purple line from this radar shot.

Untitled
Untitled

High:  Getting to hang with Ellen and True most of the day on Thursday.  Love them.

Untitled

High:  Getting Lily's 4 Year pictures taken by Uncle Luke at Main Street Studios.  She was ready for her close-up.

Untitled


I'm not sure why everyone was looking at me, but they were.

Untitled

Low:  Bella wanting to photo-bomb Lily's shoot.  She would try to get right behind Lily while Luke was taking her picture.  Thankfully, it yielded some really funny shots that I am looking forward to seeing.  We were able to pacify Bella in the studio by showing her pictures of baby Bella.  She was entranced and a bit possessive.

Untitled

Low:  Thinking I might have scabies.  Rhymes with rabies.  As my beautiful friend who was diagnosed with it on Monday said, "It's a long A."  I was a bit itchy last night, and my thoughts immediately went to having mites under my skin.  Also, wash all your clothes after you buy them and before you wear them.  That is where scabies come from.

High: Teaching the girls to play Candy Land.  They loved it!  Hopefully we can build a family of gamers from the ground up.

Untitled

Happy Friday, friends!  May God grant you rest and love this weekend.  He is so good.

0 comments: