Sunday, December 22, 2013

LIGHTS WITH FRIENDS

(Side note:  I've had some issues with the pictures on the blog, and I think I have them fixed - so if you read the last post sans pictures - sorry about that!)

Before I blog about the lights, I thought I would share a super precious Christmas picture I got of all four kids.  This definitely feels like a Christmas miracle, because I actually have realized that my kiddos are worse than others their same age at taking pictures.  Bella imparticular prefers to stare away with a blank look on her face.  You can see this on display later on in this post several times.

But - here's the sweet one brought on by a cookie bribe.  I do what I gotta do.

IMG_6302

Our every year tradition of going to see the lights at Garvan Gardens was completed this past week.  We rescheduled several times, because we were trying to avoid the bizarro weather that we've had this month.  It worked out perfectly, because we went on a slower Wednesday night with great temperatures for walking through a holiday wonderland.

We crashed the Purple Cow in Hot Springs with our crew.  Thankfully, Purple Cow gave us the party room, and we had a designated kids' table.  Worked great!

Afterlight

After our rowdy dinner, we headed to Garvan Gardens to see the lights.  We tried to capture all 14 kids in one shot right off the bat, since that is usually the best time for group pics.  They were obviously so cooperative.  Well - some people's children were cooperative than others.

IMG_6320

The lights did not disappoint - they never do.  It's just so festive.

IMG_6328
IMG_6331
IMG_6348

Despite the looks on their faces - the girls had an amazing time!  The kids ran ahead a lot - we made it through in record time.

IMG_6332
IMG_6334
IMG_6336

Going with great friends makes anything in life that much better.  Love these ladies.

IMG_3946
IMG_3947

We did family pictures at the end.  Again, you can see how cooperative Bella is.

IMG_6347

It was a wonderful evening!  You can read Courtney's take on the night here.
And, here are our past years at Garvan Gardens:
2011
2012

0 comments: