Tuesday, January 14, 2014

PRINCESS PARTY DETAILS

This is the second post about Lily's Princess Party - to see the first post with pictures of the actual party, click here!  This post includes some of the details from the party just in case you ever want to throw your own princess party.

I tend to put a lot of time and energy into parties.  (I also have inner party tension that you can read about in this post, if you so choose.)  John has so graciously accepted this as one of my ways of loving our children and celebrating them well, and he is fantastic about getting on board.  I also had a lot of help on the weekend of the party, since my mom and step-dad came, along with my sister and the sister-in-law that lives here.  It was all hands on deck, and I was so thankful for the help in transforming our home into the Spenst Castle mentioned on the invitation.

Invitation - Front

I used a free printable pack from the Hostess with the Mostess blog, and I ordered the matching invitation.  I got a lot of ideas from the blog post I linked to that had the printables, and I really liked the way things came together.

For the other decorations, I shopped around our house and party stash for girly stuff, and I got some purple sparkle fabric and tulle at Hobby Lobby and got all the paper products at Party City.  I raided one of our church's themed rooms for the large lions and life-sized suits of armor.  Bless John's heart for all the help getting suits of armor to our home and then back to the church.

IMG_6604
IMG_6600

I really didn't want to go overboard on using the Disney princesses, but they could be found in several places.  They were represented most noticeably on the table and the cake.  I did make the cake, and I found the idea as well as a tutorial for how to do the frosting here.

IMG_6629
IMG_6614

For food, I wanted to do Lily's favorite food.  That meant we had: King John's Chicken Nuggets.

IMG_6625

Princess Snow White's Apples

IMG_6616

Peanut Butter and Nutella Wish Upon a Star Sandwiches

IMG_6627

Princess Bow Noodles

IMG_6626

and "Princesses Are" Parfaits

IMG_6624

In addition to the cake, the other sweets we had included sugar cookies, of course.

IMG_6622

Star Brownies and Rice Krispy Treat Wands

IMG_6619
IMG_6618

We also gave out True Love's Kisses liberally.

IMG_6620

And cupcakes.

IMG_6669

We kept the drinks simple with mini-water bottles and a Pink Princess Punch that somehow escaped having its picture made.  It was unexpectedly yummy with a recipe I made up: Pink Lemonade, Pineapple Sherbet and Ginger Ale.  Good stuff.

IMG_6617

The Sparkle station included tiaras that I purchased from Oriental Trading Company and necklaces and bracelets from Party City.

IMG_6609

Favors were sugar cookies.

IMG_6655

It was nice to have the one activity of a Horse and Carriage ride.  I was so thankful for the great fun it provided, and the company we used - the Little Rock Carriage Company, did a fantastic job.

All of the details are so much fun for me to think through and plan, but at the end of the day, a great party is made great by the people that come.  I know Lily felt celebrated and loved at the end of the day, and that is what matters.  And I'm thankful that I have several months between this party and the twins'.

2 comments:

Carmen Smith said...

Your skills amaze me, Madam!

Kelcie Huffstickler said...

We had a princess party on the 11th too! With the same tiaras from Oriental Trading Company :)