Friday, July 04, 2014

HAPPY 4TH!

I must say - today was a happy day.  It was low-key.  It was full of stars and stripes and 'Merica.  Here's a quick, picture-heavy run down.

There were happy girls running (okay, being pushed for most of) a 5K race this morning with a happy dad.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Happy everyone went to go get donuts after the race.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

We all trooped into the fireworks tent, which was full of happy people getting ready to celebrate.

Untitled

I happily took a nap this afternoon after eating a celebratory cupcake dropped off by a happy sister-in-law.

Untitled

There was this happy girl who only wanted to stand in her seat and clap.  And celebrate the 4th.

Untitled

Happiness prevailed at Pops on the River - especially because we didn't stay late for the actual fireworks.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Then there was the moment that I tried to get a picture of the kiddos.  I am happy that I have four kids and that they are super cute.  There are some challenges to photographing them at their current ages.  I am happy to show you proof of this.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

We came home and did our own little fireworks, which made us all happy.  They were little and just right for us.  We were so happy not to set any of our neighbors' bushes on fire this year.

Untitled
Untitled
(The girls were happy to discover that nothing we got was that loud.)
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Lily kept saying, "This is the best day ever!  So Cool!  That was awesome!"  It really is so fun when your children really enjoy what you are doing.  Makes it much more worth it.

We happily put our children to bed by about 9:00 p.m., which is still an hour later than normal.  With that, I want to wish you a Happy 4th of July from the Spenst fam.  Not all days turn out like this, and I want to celebrate when they do.

Untitled

*Clap along if you know what happiness is to you!*

5 comments:

Lindsey @ A Dollop of My Life said...

well, I was about to type and ask you where you got those AWESOME baby lawn chairs. But then I remembered how incredibly UNHAPPY Tyler gets when he is strapped by a device of any sort, and figured it'd probably just cause huge trauma to us all. So glad yall had a good fourth! (and that pic of you kissing William and him smiling so big just about melted my heart!)

Kristin Murdock said...

I love how Lily is wearing her magic band in all of these pictures! Keeping hope alive!

Carol Spenst said...

Ahh, yes. The Magic Band that never dies. Also - neither girl will let me cut off their Great Wolf Lodge bracelets.

Carol Spenst said...

The baby lawn chairs are actually portable high chairs that I could not do summer without. They are made by Ciao baby, and if you picnic a lot - then I would highly recommend them, because Tyler might actually enjoy sitting in one if his favorite snacks were spread before him!

Lindsey @ A Dollop of My Life said...

considering he tries to escape his high chair, I'm not sure he'd like it. He abhors being contained in any device. Movement is his friend (and not mine) ;)