Wednesday, October 29, 2014

LOVE LETTERS

Some of these letters will be more loving than others - you've been warned.

Dear World Cheese Dip Championship,
     I sort of love the grand scale of anything with "world" in the title.  You know that you are a serious festival if your title starts out with that kind of grandiosity.  But - you delivered again!  We hadn't been in two years, and you were every bit as good as I remember you being.  Plus, this year, we knew to bring muffin tins to help us carry all of our dips, and we met friends there, which made you even better.  Thanks for a good time.

Untitled
Untitled
(People kept making comments about our hoard of children.  I think they were just jealous.)
Untitled
Untitled
(Chips just waiting to be matched with the perfect cheese dip!)
Untitled
Untitled

Dear Violet,
     I wish that it didn't look like a crime scene so often when I go to get you from your nap.  This was the first day the heat was on, and your little nose started bleeding.  At least it was blood instead of poop this time.  Bless your heart.  And mine.  I love you anyway.  Obviously.

Untitled

Dear October 28th, (yesterday)
     10 years ago. we got engaged.  I cannot believe it has been that long, and yet, I can.  I love thinking about the joy on that day and so many of the days in between then and now.  I'm so thankful.
(Here's a link to our engagement story.  Some of the pictures aren't working - I need to go back and fix it, but I can't right this second.  I certainly don't love that.)

Dear Gorgeous Fall Weather,
     Thanks for showing up.  You've been amazing since this morning.  I'll take it.

Untitled

Dear 5,000 T-Shirts,
     I love that you are going to fly around the world and help clothe people who need you.  I'm glad I got to help fold you - I mean it.  I'm even more glad that I got to do it with friends, some of whom took the brunt of folding you to the tune of one couple single-handedly folding 1,872 shirts last week.  Ya'll are amazing - you know who you are.

Untitled

Dear Butterfly Stencil,
     You were cute, but the glitter you contained did not look at all like what was pictured.  I'm a little annoyed with you for false advertising.  Next time, I'll know better.

Untitled

Dear World Series,
     We've loved watching and rooting for the Royals.  So hoping for a win tonight!

Dear Lily,
     I love that you are learning to express your feelings - I really am being sincere about that.  After I sent you inside from bike riding for whining, you had a bit of time to pull yourself together.  You came out about 10 minutes later with this completed picture and a smile on your real face.  It depicts me working on the computer while Bella rides the bike that you wanted to be riding and you crying about it.  You nailed it.  I am so proud of you for starting to own things and understanding what contributes to how you feel.  And how you can sometimes change how you feel.

Untitled

Dear Halloween Candy,
     I can see already that we will have a fraught relationship this year.  I love that you bring me Smarties and chocolate covered peanuts that I sometimes sneak when Violet is asleep.  You know - for her good.  We cannot have that in the house, so I have found a convenient way to dispose of it.  I do not love that the girls ask to eat you all the time, and so, you will probably have to disappear entirely very soon into next week.

Untitled

Dear Trampoline Park,
     You were blessedly crowd-free today, and we had a blast with friends having the run of the place.  We got to hang out in the foam pit forever, which my little man really enjoyed.

Untitled

That's all I've got for now.  Peace out.

0 comments: