Sunday, October 26, 2014

THE BUG SQUAD

Ya'll.  I have the cutest kids.  I don't often use the blog as a straight up brag book, but tonight is the night.  We had a Fall Fest at church to attend, and so we got all fixed up in our Halloween costumes.  It actually made a great opportunity to get pictures of all the kids before we left, because on actual Halloween, we end up having a lot of people over and it gets a bit crazy.  So - without further adieu, I present, the Bug Squad.

Okay - I said, no more adieu, and then I remembered that I didn't explain where I got this idea.  Have you ever read the LadyBug Girl books?  We are big fans here in the Spenst house.  One of the books is LadyBug Girl and the Bug Squad, which features LadyBug Girl (duh), and Butterfly Girl, Dragonfly Girl and Bumblebee Boy.  Both Lily and Bella wanted to be butterflies, so I ended up with no Dragonfly Girl, but I was not complaining, since they were so willingly going in for a theme.

Here they are, in all their insect glory.

Untitled

Butterfly Girl (#1)

Untitled

Butterfly Girl (#2)

Untitled

LadyBug Girl (more interested in drooling than smiling for the camera)

Untitled

BumbleBee Boy (has really started walking this week!  Hooray!)

Untitled

The girls were so excited, and the babies were happy to be outside.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
(BumbleBee Boy still flies with a paci.  Don't judge.)

The Fall Festival at our church was a massive success and totally crowded.  I didn't take many pictures, because it was all I could do to survive.  And talk to my friends.  We did get 27 pieces of candy (according to Lily) and have a lot of popcorn and hot dogs.  Lily's wings were so big that they had to be removed to get through the crowd, and Bella's came off shortly after this picture.  They were, perhaps, bigger than I realized they would be when I ordered them online.

Untitled
Untitled

I do love fall.  So much.  And my sweet Bug Squad.

1 comments:

Lindsey @ A Dollop of My Life said...

look how William is looking at Christy in that last pic!!!! So sweet!