Wednesday, November 19, 2014

A FEW FIRSTS

We're in that time of life when there are still lots of "firsts".  Here's a few of them from the last couple of days/weeks.

Lily's First Field Trip.  This was actually back before Halloween, but I never blogged about it.  I actually got a sitter and got to go to the pumpkin patch with her class!  It was a beautiful day, and I really enjoyed getting to see Lily interact with her peers - a great insight into her little world.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

First Time that Bella Performed in the Bloom Brunch without Lily.  Bella seemed really concerned about finding me in the audience, which was sweet.  However, her concern caused her to totally miss getting little sticks to bang, so she did a good job of banging her knuckles together.  John was able to come, and Bella lit up when she saw him.

Untitled

First Time I've Seen William Push Violet on a Car.  Well, really, I just wanted an excuse to include this amazingly cute video that they sent me from Mother's Day Out this morning.  If you just need a smile, take a watch.  These twins of mine are pretty darn cute, and videos like this warm my heart.  I shared it on Instagram, and this is the longer version.



Lily's First "Fun Run."  This was just today, and because it fell right at the twins' nap time, I drove past on our way home to see if I could catch a glimpse of her.  I felt a bit like a creeper looking through the fence with my giant camera, but it was worth it to see her running her heart out.  I don't know for sure how many laps she did yet, but I'm betting it was all 35.  Bella enjoyed the music, and the twins enjoyed sleeping in the car.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Speaking of the Bloom Brunch - it was an encouraging morning spent with lovely women that I am privileged to share life with.  Plus, they are beautiful.  Double bonus.  Not a "first," but definitely worth sharing the picture.  Anotehr interesting fact is that this group has grown to include four women (including myself) who have sets of twins.  What are the chances?  Another mother is an identical twin and another has twin siblings.  We are a little twin centric, and I'm loving it.

Untitled

In other news, both babies can open doors, and William can also unscrew sippy cups, which means Occupational Therapy must be doing him a lot of good.  Though that particular skill is not doing me any favors.  Basically, I have two little mess makers wandering around the house at all times looking for something to mess with.  Here's the first time I found William behind the curtains.  He was tickled to death until he thought he couldn't get out, at which point, he just walked straight until the curtain came over his head and he fell on the ground.  It was quite entertaining to watch, and he took it like a champ.

Untitled

First Time I Had the Deli Man Remark on My Nails and Ask Me about Eye-Brow Threading.  So, I was getting baba ghanoush yesterday, and the man behind the counter started asking me detailed questions about my nails.  Then, he proceeded to say, "You're a woman.  Can you tell me what eye-brow threading is?"  Sadly, I did not have a good answer to that question, because I have no experience with it.  It was a funny interaction.

Untitled

Hope your week is going well!

0 comments: