Sunday, November 30, 2014

THANKSGIVING 2014

Life keeps spinning faster past.  Stockings hang above my mantel reminding me that Thanksgiving has come and gone, and December is about to get us in its holiday clutches.  Family has left town, and we are trying to regroup from the holiday itself, Black Friday and our normal frenetic life with four very young children.

We had a great time with family in town.  Everyone was all together on Wednesday night, and we enjoyed dinner and celebrating Rachel's (John's sister) birthday.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

As I mentioned in my Thanksgiving food post, we planned to grill our turkey.  I got another recipe from a friend and used parts of it as well as what I linked to in that post.  My brother-in-law headed up the grilling effort, and we all were THRILLED with the results.  Maybe the best turkey ever.  So, so delicious and photogenic.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
IMG_0073

There was leaf raking and playing while the turkey was grilling.

Untitled
Untitled

I made a chocolate pie that was actually good.  Chocolate Pie and No-Bake Cookies have been my nemeses, and it was nice to be able to conquer one of those.

Untitled

We had tons of food to be thankful for and around.

Untitled
Untitled

After sitting around the table for a couple of hours while the babies napped and the kiddos watched the Thanksgiving Day Parade via DVR, we migrated back to the kitchen for desserts that we carried to the couch.  Having a bit of downtime was a real treat that I relished especially this year.  After the kiddos ate a light dinner, we got out a few Christmas decorations.  I plan to tone down the decor this year, because no one has time to tell 19 month old twins "NO" all month long.

Untitled
Untitled

We ate leftovers for days.  With forks.  Straight from the bowl.  It's my house - we can do what we want.

Untitled

This precious baby was cuddled on lots - she's our first niece!  And what a cutie she is.  Also - she gets major points for being an incredibly sweet baby to have around, which was really wonderful in the midst of the already chaotic kid environment.

Untitled

It was a good break, and we are so thankful.  We are also amazed at all this month has held, and the fact that John and I still really like each other at the end of this month feels like one of God's greatest gifts.  Happy Belated Thanksgiving!

Untitled

1 comments:

Trish H said...

You seriously have the cutest, best matching clothes I've ever seen for your kiddos!