Monday, February 23, 2015

THIS & THAT

The topsy turvy nature of the last couple of weeks has left me spinning a bit.  We are beyond out of routine and in unchartered territory.  I'm asking myself questions like, "If a child is screaming, but the mom is in the shower and can't really hear it, then is that child really screaming?"  Deep thoughts at our house.

Lots of things are rolling around my mind that I would love to write about, but I haven't found the wherewithal and mental energy to get those thoughts out.  It's about all I can do to keep things afloat around here, and I feel like I'm not doing great at that as I glance around my living room that is a bit disastrous.  I have my back turned to the kitchen, so I can sort of pretend its okay, though you and I both know that is not the case.  However, the laundry is all folded - so that feels like a victory.  Let's celebrate the small things, shall we?

Re-entry from trips is always a challenge.  We have gotten better at managing our expectations for the kind of "rest" or "recharge" that we will get when we go away.  This has helped us as we return still a bit tired.  Our life is so full of really wonderful things, truly.  We have nothing to complain about, and hear me say - I am not complaining.  I've come to grips with the fact that we will just be tired at this stage in life.  There are certain demands that we signed up for that make it like this.  As we keep saying to ourselves, "All of our dreams came true.  All at one time."

Since I can't formulate any real meaningful thoughts at this moment, I'm going to share pics of what the kiddos did while we were gone.  They had a blast with Grandma and Grandpa, and I'm so thankful that it seemed to be good for everyone!  The were here on actual Valentine's Day bearing Valentines with this photo.  How cute are they?

IMG_3457

Those glasses also look pretty good on the twinsies.

Untitled
Untitled

There was cookie making fun and the first round of ice and playing with ponies and eating mac n' cheese.  All in all, a pretty great time.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

I can't say enough how grateful I am to have parents that will care for our children when we are gone.  It is a huge blessing, and I do not take it for granted.

Today was a wild day, and it's sort of funny, because I decided this morning to document it on the hour, so I'll write that post tomorrow.  But - here are a few pictures with the big camera from the snow day.  It really is beautiful.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

The girls lasted about five minutes at a time outside, since neither parent was willing/available to play with them today.  But, they loved it.  Hope that you are staying warm - wherever you are!

0 comments: