Monday, May 04, 2015

RACHEL'S WEDDING

Family weddings are a thrilling, exciting, exhausting adventure.  This past week brought all of John's family into our home as his sister Rachel prepared to get married this past Friday.  As with any major family event, it had its share of drama, but the wedding itself turned out beautifully, and Rachel and Mike are married and celebrating in the Bahamas!

Lily and Bella were official flower girls, and I got V a matching dress.  William wore a suit, though he was not down for a group picture.

Untitled

Love this shot of the Spenst men.

Untitled

The wedding was held at St. John's Chapel by the Creek in Bryant, which was a gorgeous venue, and the weather was stunning.  A perfect late spring day!

Untitled
Untitled

I got pretty random pictures from the event mostly including my children.  I somehow failed to get any of my Mother-in-law, who looked beautiful, or any of the groom straight on.  Also, not pictured in this blog post is my brother-in-law, which is a shame, because he was my child wrangling buddy.    The ceremony itself was quite brief, which I was thankful for.  I did not get to see most of it, because I had to take the incredibly loud twins out.  The acoustics of the tiny chapel made every noise that they made echo, and we lasted less than 5 minutes inside.  The girls did perform their duties beautifully, however!

Untitled
Untitled

And then they were married!

Untitled
Untitled

I did manage to get a picture of John and I all dolled up.  I used Rent The Runway for my dress and loved the dress and service!  I will definitely use them again.

Untitled

The reception was on the same property, and it was truly a lovely day to be outside.  Dinner was served, and my children pretty much enjoyed running all over the place.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
(blowing kisses!)
Untitled
(Lily had to get a second cast last week, because her arm was not completely healed.  We ordered satin gloves from Amazon and cut the hands off to provide a little cover for the neon pink.)
Untitled
Untitled
(My other sweet sister-in-law and darling niece, both looking gorgeous in navy!)
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

We walked down to the bridge to light sparklers and send them on their way!

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
(John was in charge of lighting sparklers, which he took quite seriously.)

And then it was over.

Untitled

And we are still tired from it all.

Untitled

Congratulations, Mike and Rachel!  We hope and pray that God blesses your marriage!

0 comments: