Wednesday, May 20, 2015

YOU ARE MY SUNSHINE BABY SHOWER

Well, I've been sitting on this one for a few weeks, because the adoption was not public news, but I am thrilled to be able to share about it today.  I've gotten to know Lynn over the past two years by being in the same D-group together.  She's got a quiet strength, and I am always wondering what wisdom she will share next.  She and her husband Jeremy love Jesus, and it has been a joy to watch their adoption process unfold over the last year.

There are usually twists and turns in an adoption story, and their's certainly had a fair few.  But in March, it looked like they were finally going to meet their new son, Micah.  He is precious.  He rocks an extra 21st chromosome, and he is thriving as their 4th child with an older sister and two older brothers who adore him.  (You can see pictures and read more of their story on the blog post Lynn wrote yesterday!)  I love seeing God work, and seeing the Hagues walk in his plan for their family has been such a privilege.

As soon as the Hagues got home with him, we began planning a shower.  It was an afternoon shindig with a few fun treats and lots of talking and presents.  I loved the theme we used - You Are My Sunshine.  It was perfectly appropriate for the sweet sunshine that is Micah.

Baby Sunshine_invite

It's fun throwing showers with friends, because everyone pitches in so the work load is significantly less than doing a party by yourself.  The whole affair turned out quite lovely.

IMG_1975
IMG_1974
IMG_1971
IMG_1976
IMG_1979
IMG_1980
IMG_1981
IMG_1982
IMG_1983
IMG_1985

I didn't get any pictures of the other people there, because I was too busy talking.  But - I did snap this shot of the precious mother opening gifts.  Love you, Lynn!

IMG_1995

So looking forward to loving on Micah for years to come!

IMG_1987

(All printables from Lauren Haddox Design on Etsy.  We loved them!)

1 comments:

Kaity Stuckert said...

So sweet! Everything looks beautiful.