Thursday, December 10, 2015

16 ON 9: A DAY IN THE HOLIDAY LIFE

Yesterday was a pretty typical December day, and I tried to capture it as such.

8ish a.m.:  After dropping Lily off at school, it was time to take the littles to Mother's Day Out.  I snapped this pic after the fighting was over, but William had been mad about the music not being what he wanted (not that I could figure out what he wanted), and he had been screaming.  He then threw his snack trap at Violet's face so they were both screaming.  After about 10 minutes, they both calmed down, but there are very few dull driving moments.  Which is unfortunate.

Untitled

9ish a.m.:  I came home after working out and was delighted all over again by the sight of lions in festive headwear.

Untitled

10ish a.m.:  I got dressed for the day and was contemplating some of the horrific comments that I had read on Facebook.  Why is there so much hatred so easily spewed?  And so much fear?  I put on this cuff to remind myself of this message.  I want to have more courage than I do and to always be kind - both of which will need to come from the Lord's strength, and both of which can go a long way in this current age.

Untitled

11ish a.m.:  I needed to drop a few things off to a friend.  It's so nice to see friends on the regular.

Untitled

12ish p.m.:  William got his first ever drink from a water fountain, and he seemed so pleased by the whole experience.

Untitled

1ish p.m.:  Though nap time was peeking around the corner, this little elf was rummaging through the Christmas prop box and making merry.  (So many of our walls have crayon on them.  I need to hire someone just to come clean it all, but I feel like it is currently pointless, since I don't think we have quite outgrown that particular tendency.)

Untitled

2ish p.m.:  These treats had been left at my house from a party, and I was so glad to be able to return them to my friend last night, because otherwise, I would have eaten them all singlehandedly.  Why is my will power nil when it comes to sweets?

Untitled

3ish p.m.:  Lily walked in the door after school proclaiming another lost tooth!  She may never be able to eat apples again.

Untitled

4ish p.m.:  We are relishing this warmer December, and the girls picnicked outside with many accoutrements.  I didn't realize how many until I stepped out to snap this picture.  Clean up was much harder than set up.

Untitled

5ish p.m.:  I started working on some Christmas baking, and I had this shadow right by my side.  She is not much interested in television - she's much more interested in being right there beside me "helping."  I'm trying to give her things to do, but it is hard.  Sweet girl.

Untitled

6ish p.m.:  We headed to the church to help wrap presents for kids in foster care.  We had purchased for a child, and it was so fun to go and get to see the project through - though we didn't wrap what we had purchased.  So many people came, which was such an encouragement to see.  This pic turned up on our church's social media this morning of Bella and Christy.  The girls did love helping.

Untitled

7ish p.m.:  The twins were less than helpful at gift wrapping and had gotten to the point that whichever of them was not pushing our friends' stroller was throwing an epic fit.  Here's V on the floor.  We left soon after.

Untitled

8ish p.m.:  The girls LOVE doing the advent calendar at bed time and are pretty good at taking turns.

Untitled

9ish p.m.:  Because there is always more work to be done, 9 p.m. had me finishing up Lily's lunch for the next day.

Untitled

10ish p.m.:  After another long(ish) day, we decided to take in a little TV before bed.

Untitled

This day really does capture what life is like right now.  There are lots of ups and downs - but on the whole, there is more good than bad, and I'm grateful.

0 comments: