Monday, May 30, 2016

16 ON 27: DAY IN THE LIFE: FINISHING THE SCHOOL YEAR

This is what the end of our school year looked like Friday, hour by hour.

a little before 8 a.m.: She really wasn't into taking pictures on her last day of school.  However, then she decided that she did want pictures in front of different flowers, but she still didn't actually want to smile.  Delightful.

IMG_5797

9ish: I headed into workout class with the littles.

Untitled

10:30ish:  After dropping off the twins at therapy, Bella and I ran some errands.  I do love these little one on one moments.

Untitled

11:10ish:  We picked up the twins from therapy, and because William spent almost an hour crying to read books in the middle of the night, he was tired.  So was I.

Untitled

12ish p.m.:  I documented the two seconds that these three were all seated at the table eating lunch at the same time.

Untitled

12:30ish:  I went on a hunt for a sippy cup in the car, that I think is gone forever.  Instead of finding it, I found this molded apple under the passenger's seat.  Ick.

Untitled

1ish:  Bella is quite motivated on the reading front and wants to do reading lessons, which she is breezing through.  It's amazing to watch unfold!

Untitled

2ish:  I took a shower and painted my nails.  I do love a good sparkly mani.

Untitled

3ish:  Bella greets Lily at the bus stop and agrees to carry home Lily's extra school supplies, probably so she can pillage them.

Untitled

4ish:  I agree to cut up the watermelon they have been begging for.  Sometimes I just have to make myself say yes - especially when it is something this simple.

Untitled

5ish:  We wake up the twins, who had spent a lot of time partying before finally succumbing to sleep.

Untitled

6ish:  We head to eat dinner and enjoy the patio at a pizza place near our house.

Untitled

7ish:  Dinner has taken a turn for the worse as we are informed that there was a glitch in the system, so our pizza had not been made yet.  Thankfully, the kiddos had eaten, but I was still really hungry!  I wish I could say that John and I handled this super graciously.  I cannot.

Untitled

7:25ish:  Our pizza finally comes with many apologies on all sides, and they did give it to us for free. Though I may never recover the sanity that was taken by trying to corral the children for an extra 45 minutes.  John actually walked the kiddos to a nearby grocery store so I could eat pizza without anyone on my lap - a super kind gesture.

Untitled

8:45ish:  After getting all children blessedly in their beds, John and I tackled the very last few episodes of Parks and Rec.  We loved this series!

Untitled

9:30ish:  The week's events finally caught up to John, and I caught him snoozing.  We called it pretty soon after that, because Lord knows that we need rest.

Untitled

No matter what happens in the fall, my days will never look quite like this again.  Bella will be heading to school, and Lily will be heading to second grade, and the twins will also have a new routine.  I wanted to capture the last bit of this season for us!

0 comments: