Monday, July 04, 2016

QUICK DALLAS TRIP

We had the extreme privilege of attending a wedding this weekend.  Weddings really are so beautiful and such a covenant between two people and the Lord.  I'm always so thankful to be invited and glad if I get to attend.  Saturday night brought together a dear friend from college and his stunning bride.  Somehow, I failed to get a picture of them both, but it really was a completely gorgeous affair.  Plus, I love having an excuse to dress up.

Untitled

John went down on Friday and helped run some last minute errands and participated in the rehearsal dinner and bachelor party.  They went Go-Karting.  Like extreme go-karting.  John ended up extremely bruised on his hips.  I'll spare you those pictures, but I've never seen bruises so bad.  I flew in on Saturday morning.  We used miles, and I ended up in first class.  Score.

Untitled

We opted for TJ's Seafood Market for a quick brunch.  Honey Butter Lobster Fritters and Truffle Fries proved to be a delicious, if heavy, choice.

Untitled
Untitled

Honestly, we've been to Dallas a ton, and at this particular stage, we didn't feel like doing much shopping and we had already eaten plenty, so we slept.  We went back to our hotel room and napped the afternoon away which felt like perfection in our life that doesn't allow for much of this behavior.

We got dolled up and headed to the wedding, which included some of the most truthful wedding vows I've ever heard.  They both promised the litany of ways that they would be faithful and honoring of one another, but they also both said, "And when I fail to do those things, I will confess and apologize and seek to restore our relationship."  What an eyes-wide-open approach to what marriage takes.  My eyes filled with tears throughout their ceremony, because seeing what God does with two people who are following him and seeking him is truly a gift to behold.  I look forward to see what all God has in store for Luke and Chelsea-Shay!

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

John and I also got to spend time with other dear friends from our JBU days - we treasure the friendships we made there in so many ways.

Untitled

Sunday morning brought us to another chance at brunch, and we picked an old favorite from a past trip to Dallas.  I used it as an opportunity to wear sequin shorts, because unfortunately, not as many opportunities to wear sparkly shorts come as I might wish.

Untitled

Henry's Majestic has a "Sparkle Bar," which made me feel right at home.  After a delicious hour, we headed home to rejoin our children for the rest of the holiday weekend.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

It was a great, albeit quick, trip.  Congrats, Luke and Chelsea-Shay!  Thanks for giving us an excuse to get away and reconnect - it helps keep our marriage alive and well.

0 comments: