Friday, July 01, 2016

RECIPES WE'VE ENJOYED

As I wrote last month, we've been making better choices eating as a family.  I thought I'd share a few of the recipes that we have enjoyed recently.  I've become rather obsessed with both sweet potatoes and avocados, and this combination is a favorite.

Untitled

Who knew I'd become this person?  Certainly not me.  I got the idea from this recipe of Sweet Potato Toast that can be adapted a couple of different ways.  I microwave my sweet potatoes when I'm in a hurry.  Or just really hungry.

I made this Shrimp and Mashed Cauliflower recipe that actually reminded me of Shrimp and Grits - especially when we covered it in barbecue sauce.  I threw the cauliflower in the food processor instead of mashing it and used greek yogurt in it, which definitely made it taste more like grits than mashed potatoes - we'll definitely do this again.

Untitled

I didn't take pictures of anything else, but here's a quick rundown of other meals that we really enjoyed!

Chicken, Spinach, Mushroom and Feta Stuffed Sweet Potatoes

Grilled Pineapple Teriyaki Pork Chops

Mini Meatloaf Pepper Rings

Garlic Chicken Zucchini and Corn

Japanese Farm Style Teriyaki Bowl

We are also savoring lots of summer fruits - aren't watermelons pretty?

Untitled

Hope this gives you some new meal ideas - happy eating!

0 comments: