Tuesday, August 02, 2016

24 ON 1: DAY IN THE LIFE

Since our summer is wrapping up - less than two weeks now! - I wanted to document what a "normal" summer day has looked like for us this year.  Every year really is so different, but this post will capture this season pretty well.

8ish am:  This is what my back porch almost always looks like right now - towels and swim suits drying and waiting to be put back into use.

Untitled

9ish am:  We dropped the twins at therapy, and the girls and I headed into my workout class.  There was some whining involved, which you might be able to pick up from Lily's face in this pic.  🙈😝😂

Untitled

10 am: Picking up the twins from therapy involves all kinds of movement.  So much so that this picture is blurry.  I'm so thankful for their speech therapists who are helping them learn how to communicate!

Untitled

10:20 am:  We headed to the pool to meet up with friends and celebrate Bella's best friend's birthday.  Bella created this card for her and explained that she wanted to help Taylor learn math.  So she wrote out math facts for her and left room for Taylor's older siblings to add more if they saw fit.  😂 Bella is definitely ready for kindergarten. 😳

Untitled

12ish pm:  Adult Swim/Lifeguard Break and lunching on towels with friends.  This scene sums up summertime for us.

Untitled

Between 12 and 1:  My kiddos have loved the pool this year.  The girls both enjoyed jumping off the diving board for the first time this day.  Lily doesn't like going under, so she managed to stay above water by jumping with three noodles.  I overheard her tell her cousin last week that she doesn't go underwater because, "I really like breathing.  I just like breathing a lot."  😂

Untitled
Untitled
(Violet in goggles got me all 😍.)
Untitled
Untitled
(William's favorite friend by a landslide, and this five year old is SO SWEET to my three year old.)

After 1 pm:  It was time to head home, and I caught this moment with all of our minivans opened and being loaded at the same time.  👊

Untitled

Around 1:30ish pm:  Summer afternoons often find me still looking ragged in a swimsuit and not showered.

Untitled

2ish pm:  My plants are still alive, but I often move them in the afternoons to get them a little more sun.  Plus, I have actually watered them this summer, which I'm sure has contributed to their overall lifespan.  🙌🙌🙌🙌

Untitled

3ish pm:  After I showered, I sat down to work on the mountain of paperwork that has been required for preschool/the government.  Bless my doctor's heart - I gave her a lot of extra busy work.

Untitled

4ish pm:  Everybody's up from "nap" and wanted to eat dried mango.  Who can blame them?  That stuff is tasty.

Untitled

4:30ish pm:  Violet always wants to "hold you couch," and since I am counting down the days til preschool with sadness in my heart, I was happy to oblige this request.

Untitled

5ish pm:  Violet did let me get up, and I wanted to capture the fact that she actually will sit and watch cartoons for any length of time past 10 minutes.  Though obviously screen time is not the best - it certainly comes in handy when I need to cook dinner without the most helpful three year old ever!

Untitled

6:15ish pm:  Eating dinner as a family usually means that John and I eat dinner, and then we spend the next 20-30 minutes "encouraging" the kids to eat the dinner.

Untitled

7:15ish pm:  We went outside to make a video and found a package on our front porch containing some Izard Caramels.  I've found a new product to love. 😋

Untitled

7:45-8ish pm:  Sweet bedtime moments.  We don't always get them, and I'm so glad when we do.

Untitled
Untitled
(Lily was telling me that she looked like a "little teenager" with her shirt tucked in.  Not sure where this idea came from. 😳😂  Glad we are a ways from that still.)
Untitled
(They love brushing his hair.)

8:30ish pm:  I walked past the new bags and realized all over again how quickly school will be upon us.  I do love the new bags, and I'm glad, because I have a lot of days to look at them ahead of me.

Untitled

9ish pm:  John and I synced up calendars and realized that we are pretty well booked through October. 😳😝  The fall will be full - a ton of fun, hopefully - but for sure full.  Also, gotta love the scribbles on the planner.

Untitled

10ish pm:  I capped off the night with the season finale of the Bachelorette.  Bless JoJo's heart.  It's always so dramatic, and I enjoy the escape.

Untitled

That wraps up this summer edition of Day in the Life!  School is knocking on our door, but we've still got some summer fun ahead of us.

0 comments: