Saturday, October 29, 2016

THIS WEEK'S DOSE OF FUN

As I mentioned in last night's post, our lives have held a fair amount of crazy lately.  But some of it is crazy good - here are a few highlights from the past week.

Red Ribbon Week at school.  The girls got to dress out of uniform all week, and I do appreciate that our school doesn't make the days too outlandish or hard to dress for.

Untitled
(Join the fight against drugs by wearing camo.  Though, there was a funny Facebook video this week pointing out that drugs could still find you even if you were wearing camo.  😂)
Untitled
(Pajama day - I don't remember how it related, but it is always my favorite day of any spirit week, and I decided the twins should also go to school in pjs, because why not?)

Wednesday was wear red day, and it was also Lily's first honor roll assembly!  They don't do grades until second grade, so this was her first chance to make the honor roll.  So proud of her!

Untitled

Also - check out her check list for school-day mornings.  At least it seems we have an optimist on our hands.  "Say school is going to be fun. ✅"  So sweet and also funny.

Untitled

Thursday brought Bella's pumpkin patch field trip and superhero day!  I got to attend Bella's field trip, and she begged me to ride the bus, so I obliged.  I wish I could say that I LOVE going on field trips, but that would not exactly be true.  I am so thankful to get to meet other parents and so glad to spend extra time with my child, but I am always so glad that I am not a teacher and thankful for the sweet teachers we have been blessed with.

That said, it was a beautiful (albeit HOT) day at the pumpkin patch, and we had a grand time.

Untitled
Untitled
IMG_7521
IMG_7526

Today (Saturday), we awoke to the unpleasant realization that William's breathing was not good.  Having been down this road plenty with Violet, I knew that he would need some intervention.  Thankfully, at home, we have all the tools, and so I've done a lot of breathing treatments today.  He is improving, but it is certainly no fun to see chest retractions and rapid breathing.

Untitled

Tonight, we carved pumpkins as a family out on our deck.  The weather was pristine, and our children were all in happy moods.  It was a sweet time of togetherness - though I forgot to take pics of the finished pumpkins.

Untitled
Untitled
IMG_7549
The kids did a surprising amount of the work getting the seeds out.
IMG_7577
IMG_7582
Untitled
(The girls got ahold of our phones to practice their budding photography skills.)
IMG_7585

So thankful for good moments rounded out with a dance party to close down the night.

0 comments: