Sunday, November 06, 2016

LIFE LATELY

This week started with the craziness of Halloween and ended in sickness, mainly for me.  So, highs and lows as usual - though sometimes its hard to tell the difference. 😝

This week included a delightful day date - a huge perk of the kiddos all being in school.  You can even take time to see butterflies camouflaging themselves with flowers when its just you and the hubs.

Untitled
Untitled

We hosted D-group at our house, and I got overly ambitious based on the time I actually had and attempted this four-layer Tiramisu cake.  It was tasty, but I should have soaked it even more in coffee liquor to fight off the dryness.  But, it was a win for the most part!

Untitled

There were some inevitably hard moments, because let me just say - being three is so hard.  And then, at other moments, it's totally glorious and includes a "twin sandwich" as Lily referred to the last pic in this trio.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

I've made a lot more cookies in the last two weeks, which has been really fun!  I'm thinking and praying on how to proceed with adding more of these into our lives.  I certainly want to tread carefully, because we only have so much band-width as a family.  But - it is a fantastic creative outlet that I love!

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

The girls' fall break totally snuck up on me, and I realized on Sunday that they would be out of school both Thursday and Friday.  We made the most of it with pedicures on Thursday afternoon.  I let them pick their colors, though this probably goes without saying since they both picked some form of bright green.

Untitled

Then, Violet got a fever on Thursday night, so I ended up keeping both twins home on Friday as well.    We saw Trolls in the theater and hit up a park among other things, including dinner out with Daddy.  Violet's fever did not last through Thursday night, which I'm so thankful for.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
This girl lost her second tooth again this week, and again, she totally lost it, this time in the CFA play land.  So far, she hasn't had one to offer the tooth-fairy, but the tooth-fairy has been gracious in spite of the lack of an actual tooth under the pillow.
Untitled

Yesterday, I woke up feeling sort of ick with a terribly sore throat.  John graciously let me sleep through all of church this morning while he got the kids dressed, went to church and then taught a kindergartner's Sunday School class.  I'm so thankful to have such a partner who did all of this so graciously and also submits to hair brushing by all of our children.

Untitled

I hit up Urgent Care to confirm what I suspected - I have strep throat. 😁😢😷  But - I started antibiotics this afternoon and hope to be on the upswing.  I also have a mild eye infection, and I'm not supposed to wear eye makeup all week.  We'll see how that goes.  😁😁😁 #ilovemascara I'm so thankful that getting sick is not my norm!  Until then, I'm trying to rest up, which is so easy with four children under foot. 😜

0 comments: