Sunday, November 13, 2016

THINGS THAT MADE ME SMILE THIS WEEK

For me, this week started with strep and has continued on with an eye condition that's had me wearing glasses daily.  Every single way that I have to get from the girls' school to the twins' school was under construction this week, which meant I spent a lot more time in the car each morning.

Untitled

I'm not ready to talk about the election (I may not ever be), but I will say that we had some heartbreaking questions from our children about things they heard at school and concerns they had for our family.  It's been a sad week to be on social media and see the harsh words coming from all sides and the ways that this has divided people.  It's also been hard to talk through extremely complicated issues with our children to try to help them understand all that's happened in a hopeful way.

In light of those things, I was looking for ways to brighten things up.  Here are a few things that made life a little more fun this week.

- the Trolls soundtrack.  Y'all - while certainly not the best movie that's ever existed, Trolls is really cute, and the soundtrack is a ton of fun (and free to stream if you have Prime!).  I have especially loved hearing the twins sing along to "Get Back Up Again" with great gusto.  Here's the video of that song, in case you want to sing along.



- being able to eat CFA on demand.  Many weeks I do a great job of meal planning and prepping, but then other weeks, I can't muster what it takes, and we end up eating a lot of CFA.  I'm so thankful this is an option for our family, and our kiddos haven't gotten sick of it yet!

Untitled

- Date Night.  Always a good addition to any week.  Especially when it includes Pancetta Pizza.

Untitled
Untitled

- I made this recipe for a Pear, Rosemary and Goat Cheese Galette and can't wait to make it again - SO GOOD.  And pretty - double bonus.  I used my mom's pie crust recipe, which was perfect for this - but you could also use store-bought, as the recipe suggests.

Untitled

- Sweet moments with the kiddos.  We have our hard times, but we have a lot of sweet moments too.  The weather was pretty, so all the kiddos loved being outside - even to do homework.

Untitled

- I went back to work behind the counter of CFA this week for a couple of short lunch time shifts.  Mostly, I really love serving guests, and it was fun to get back into the groove - though a few things have changed in my seven years off. 😳

Untitled

- We got to go to several parties yesterday, one of which included the cutest food table and the other which included the largest smoker I've ever seen at someone's house and the best ribs.  Friends go a long way to helping you feel better in life, and we've got some of the best!

Untitled
Untitled

So, I'm thankful for the things in our lives that make me smile, even when I need to keep wearing my glasses 👓👓👓 and putting warm compresses over my eyes.

0 comments: