Monday, February 13, 2017

LIFE LATELY

Getting out of the blogging habit makes it that much harder to just sit down and write a post.  Since my computer crashed over Christmas, I haven't really organized my pics since then, and everything feels a mess.  But, now that I am through Valentine's cookies, there is a bit more margin, and I am hoping to get back to blogging at least a couple times a week.  Give or take some depending on how I'm feeling.

To sum up lately, we've been a bit all over the board.  Here's a smattering of what that has looked like.

Bathtime fun never gets old.

Untitled

They all especially like to make a turtle pile while wearing towels.  This *usually* ends well.

Untitled

Bella celebrated 100 days of kindergarten by wearing a hat with 100 safety pins attached - just like Lily did two year ago ... we are nothing if not good at recycling.  Also - look who's missing their teeth!

Untitled

Our dear friend, Joel, from Rwanda stayed with us for five nights.  The ONLY picture I got of him was while we were at a UALR basketball game.  We had floor seats and actually made it through a whole game - a new record for our family!  Having Joel was such a treat!

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Speaking of Rwanda - we are hoping and planning and praying to make a family trip there this summer, so we got passport photos taken for all the kiddos.  They actually all "smiled with their mouths closed" for the pics without too much fuss.  #progress  We were still a bit "circusy" at Walgreens.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

I took the kiddos to a Walk for the Waiting photo shoot, and they actually cooperated with this as well.  Progress really is a beautiful thing.

Untitled

I got to bear witness to this dear friend's adoption (in the middle), and it was such a privilege to see how God wrote their story.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE getting to watch God at work, and seeing forever families be formed is such a gift.  Love you Hassell fam!

Untitled

Lily had to do an animal project for school.  I'm still not clear on the details, because I have mostly told the girls that they are responsible for their homework.  Also, some sort of emergency came up that week, and John ended up being the one that made sure this made it to school.  My understanding is that Lily was supposed to create an animal.  She chose a clam and this is what she made.  I'm fairly certain that she is my daughter based on this creation that does feature an entire Ball jar full of antique marbles as pearls.  😂😂😂  She is also becoming quite adept at raiding my scrap fabric stash.

Untitled

Lily also was a huge help with my Valentine's cookie orders (with some assistance from Bella), and she filled every box with confetti for me.  (Though this one is clearly overfilled!)

Untitled

I'm thrilled to be able to say that all Valentine's cookies were picked up last week!

Untitled

We ordered new light fixtures for most of our main living spaces, and I am so excited to receive them soon!  This did require some measuring, and we will need to fix the way this room's light hangs.  Hence my husband standing on a table in the night.

Untitled

Violet is almost completely potty trained!  William is getting closer all the time.  More #progress.

Untitled

That sort of sums up lately!  Blogging is fun - hopefully I'll see you again here soon!

0 comments: