Monday, May 29, 2017

MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND

We are officially kicking off summer, and it feels so good.  Our Memorial Day weekend sent us in several directions, and I'm gonna run through the highlights real quick like with lots of pics.

Lily, Bella and I drove to Wichita for baby Mae's Sip and See.  It was a total blast to be there with lots of cousins and all of my siblings.

Untitled
Untitled
(She is normally the happiest baby, so this pic is extra funny!)
Untitled
(Who needs to looks AT the camera?)🤣
Untitled
Untitled

My girls really loved being able to be part of the shower (blogged about here in case you are interested!).

fullsizeoutput_5534
Untitled
Untitled
(There's another baby on the way!)
Untitled

Truly, it is such a joy to spend time with my siblings, all of whom I adore.  I see so much of God's goodness in each one of them, and I laugh and smile and feel so grateful to have been raised with these people.  What a gift.

While we were in Wichita, John was in Little Rock with the twins.  There was a big event at CFA with Arkansas Children's, including the "Queen for the Day" and all kinds of fun.

Untitled
Untitled

John and the twins celebrated Lenny's birthday at a Trav's game on Saturday night, enjoying the beautiful weather.

Untitled
Untitled

The girls and I drove home Sunday afternoon, and this afternoon was our maiden pool journey of the summer where we enjoyed dinner and celebrated Sharon's birthday.  (Lenny and Sharon have birthdays one week apart!)  I can tell the pool will be so much fun this summer, and every year, it gets a little bit easier. 👊🏻👊🏻👊🏻

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
(Best way to catch a ball: with your eyes closed. 😜🤣)
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

We are truly grateful to have the freedoms that we do, and this morning, I spent some time explaining to the kiddos why we observe Memorial Day and what it means.  Freedom is never free, and we want to honor those whose lives have been lost in service to our country.

fullsizeoutput_5572

0 comments: