Tuesday, August 08, 2017

JIM GAFFIGAN WITH FRIENDS & LIGHTNING

One thing that we'd had on our calendar for months was going to see Jim Gaffigan here in Little Rock.  We planned it with a crew of friends and made delicious dinner plans and all got babysitters.

IMG_0149

It was SO fun.

IMG_0136
IMG_0137
IMG_0135

Have you heard of Jim Gaffigan? If not, you should just spend a couple of hours watching random YouTube videos of his performances and prepare to laugh a lot.  I'm sure that is exactly what you have time for right now.  Here are some of my favorites.

Four kids:


Hot Pockets:


Disney:


And because I really do love cancer humor, his wife recently had a brain tumor (she's doing well), and he's already worked it into his comedy.  Life is really hard: laughter certainly can help you get through it.



What you must understand is that this was an outdoor event, which seemed a bit dicey in the dead of summer.  We were really concerned about how hot we were going to be and came armed with fans.

IMG_0147
(Apparently, I was really excited about my fan/mister combo.)
IMG_0140

Severe weather as a possibility had not even occurred to me.  However, raindrops started to fall, and when I pulled up the radar, this is what I saw. 😳😬 The rain never got bad enough to even need an umbrella, but there did turn out to be quite a lot of lightning.

IMG_0141

After about an hour of his performance, Jim was handed a note about the lightning and told to wrap it all up, much to our displeasure.  However, again, when I looked at my weather app, I can understand why they had to call it early.

IMG_0142
(The "Seek Shelter Immediately" was a tip-off that maybe we shouldn't be sitting next to the river outdoors.)

We headed to our cars, but the night was still relatively young, so instead of driving home, we drove to dessert, which is always a good move.

IMG_0144
IMG_0150

A night of adult conversation, good food and laughter does enormously good things for my soul.  Thanks, friends (and Jim Gaffigan), for making such a fun night happen!

0 comments: