Tuesday, August 06, 2013


We are home from our fast and furious trip to St. Louis.  I have to say that all things considered, it was a great success.  St. Louis is such a fun city, and we would love to go back.  There are so many things we didn't get to do.  As I mentioned in the first St. Louis trip post, we headed to the Cards/Dodgers game last night as John's birthday present.  He has been following the Dodgers closely this season, so it was fun to be at a game, instead of listening to it online.


If you ever get a chance to go to Busch stadium, you should.  It was really nice, and the staff was so kind to us.  Ya'll we had two double strollers, and they didn't bat an eye.  Ushers kindly introduced themselves to us and offered to shuttle our strollers back and forth from us whenever we needed them.  We had wisely chosen seats in the outfield near the kids' area and on the back of our section.  This was a win all the way around, and we even ended up with extra room, because the people next to us never showed up.  Or they were pre-warned.  Either way, we had plenty of room for our circus, which made everything less stressful.  The kiddos did as well as we could have expected, and all in all, we had a good time.  Plus, the Dodgers won for John's birthday, so he was pretty pumped about that.


Also, the weather was 72 degrees.  On August 5th.  What a blessing.  It was a wonderful night.  At breakfast this morning Bella said, "I had fun at baseball."  That pretty much sums it up.

This morning, we loaded up and headed to the St. Louis Children's Museum called The Magic House.  It was amazing - so well done.  I must say that it was absolutely packed to the brim with children, their care-givers and strollers.  Neither John nor I have much stomach for large throngs of people in small places, and since we were each wielding a double stroller (one of which we realized pretty quickly was unnecessary since the girls ran all over the place), it was a bit chaotic.

However, the girls absolutely loved it.  They never wanted to leave, and it was a truly wondrous place for them.

(Bella would fit right in in Africa with this carrying technique.)

The twins slept most of the time we were there.  When they did wake up, the girls were anxious to kiss them, as usual.  Here, you can see the wet kiss mark from Bella who never misses an opportunity to love on the babies.  So sweet.


You can order lunch to be ready for you at a certain time, which was so handy and tasty to boot!  We ate outside since the weather was still so accommodating, and we relished the relative calm of the garden area.

Our time in St. Louis was a real blessing and privilege.  The drive was quick, and the kiddos did well both there and back.  It will get harder when the babies get a bit older, so we are relishing it while we can.  If you get a chance to spend time visiting STL - we highly recommend it!  We can't wait to go back - John wants to make going to the Dodger's game there an annual tradition, so we shall see!


Unknown said...

Life has been so crazy around here I haven't had time for anything - even blogs. Had fun catching up on yours today. Looks like your summer has been fantastic! :)