Monday, September 04, 2017

LABOR DAY WEEKEND

I honestly thought we didn't do much this weekend, but then I looked through my phone and realized that we stayed on the go, mostly because sitting around our home all day is not a very pleasant option with our kids, and it was the last weekend to enjoy the pool, so we did a lot of that.

The other sort of bizarro thing is that we really kicked off the weekend fun on Thursday night with the Hogs season opener in Little Rock.  The rain stayed away, and the evening shaped up to be unexpected fall perfection.  We attended the game with John's parents and thoroughly enjoyed cheering the Razorbacks onto victory!

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Friends came over Friday night after bedtime, and though this is the only picture I took, it was truly a delightful evening filled with spicy edamame, wine, sushi and lots of laughing.

Untitled

We really did spend a lot of time at the pool this weekend, trying to soak in the last of the summer.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Another favorite pastime was driving very slowly through our neighborhood looking for rabbits, geese, deer and rainbows.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

We hit up Loblolly, which is quickly becoming a family favorite due to their large selection of dairy-free ice cream.  We love it!  This time John and I split a flight which was a really good life decision.

Untitled
Untitled

Today was mostly spent trying to tame Violet's precious curls into a protective style.  We did take a mid-day break to eat lunch at CFA with a sweet friend who I met in Rwanda who happened to be driving through Little Rock today - so fun!!

Untitled
Untitled

Hope your weekend was filled with good things! Cannot believe we are really working our way into fall.  I feel like I am trying to ready myself for the way the days speed right up as September zips along into October and then the holidays and then its 2018, just like that.  At least, that is how it will feel. 😳😜

0 comments: