Wednesday, May 15, 2019

THINGS I'M LOVING LATELY

I'm popping in this Wednesday evening to share a few of the things I've been loving lately - maybe you'll love some of them as well!

Life Tree Boutique Bag:  My sweet friend started a shop featuring goods made with Rwandan fabric and the proceeds go to support our dear Rwandan friends at Divine Destiny Ministries.  I have used my new bag almost everyday, as it is perfect for my laptop and bullet journal anytime I head out to a coffee shop or a trampoline park, which is actually much more likely.

Untitled

Topo Chico: It's water that is doubly bubbly without any of the annoying flavor not flavors that La Croix usually brings to the table.

Untitled

Individual Kid's Cups:  When we remodeled our kitchen, John had the brilliant idea of ordering plastic cups colorized by child and only having two per child.  So, each kid has a color, and then we know who has which drink and have MUCH fewer cups all over the kitchen and the house.  (ours are from Amazon)

Untitled

Marco Polo:  My new favorite app that I never knew I needed.  When one of my friends mentioned that we could possibly leave "video texts" for each other, I needed a bit of convincing.  But guess what - I am HERE FOR IT.  I use it several times a day to talk to family and friends, and the functionality is so easy and often simpler than texting.  I'm obsessed.

Untitled

Pickled Red Onions:  A while back I realized that I shockingly really loved the pickled red onions that came on restaurant tacos.  It didn't take long to get onto Pinterest, find a great recipe, make my own and then put them on EVERYTHING.

Untitled

Air Fryer:  I use this several nights a week.  It makes vegetables tasty and without a lot of excess oil.  It also means either not turning on the stove or the oven, and I especially love sweet potatoes!

Untitled
Untitled
(Last night's dinner that featured sweet potatoes and pickled red onions.)

Backwards Planning:  I regularly assume that time will be on my side and can often be late when left to my own devices.  Something that John and I now use together is what we call "Backwards Planning," where we start with the time we need to be someplace, and then do a REALISTIC look at what each step will take to figure out when we need to leave.  It also gets us on the same leaving page which clears up frustration all around.  Boom.

Doodle:  Immerse AR has long used Doodle to help plan meetings for us all, but just recently, I had the lightbulb moment about using it myself.  Turns out, it really helps schedule stuff with friends who all have busy schedules.  Put some dates into Doodle, send that puppy out and then watch the responses roll in.  It's what we used to schedule our D-Group Lake Day so that everyone could make it, and I'm so excited!

AirPods:  I think I'm a little late to this party, but I got some AirPods for Mother's Day, and I am officially obsessed.  They are so convenient and intuitive.

So there you have it - hope you find something you can crush on!

0 comments: