
We started the morning with a brunch in pajamas right before watching our church's online Easter service.


Before the service started, there were video messages from families in our church wishing everyone a Happy Easter, and I kept tearing up, wishing we could see our church family on this special Sunday. Honestly, this entire isolating experience has been really difficult for me, and I know that I am not alone this. There were several moments today where I found tears welling up from all of the loss. I find myself clinging to the hope in Jesus now more than ever, so that's not the worst way to spend Easter. I'm so thankful that this world is not all we have.
I struggled to get "into the spirit," but we still made the most of our day. We did an egg hunt at home, and then we drove around and did a community egg hunt that our church had set up with wooden eggs around town. This had very high and low moments with everyone singing along to music OR certain children yelling mean things from the back seat. Our family is very potent and used to the dilution of other people. We need other people. Some days right now it feels more poisonous than others to only have each other, and I'm hoping and praying that God continues to give us grace for each other every day. And also that this doesn't last forever.

We miss our family and friends. But, we are thankful we have each other and our health and so many other gifts. Too many to name. And ultimately, we have Christ.

And that wraps this holiday, quarantine edition. I hope that you were able to celebrate in meaningful ways, and I know it will be memorable for us all!














0 comments:
Post a Comment