Thursday, August 25, 2011

The Gift of Community

      Tuesday night we had Community Group.  It was a normal night - we ate dinner, we talked through the chapter in the book we are reading, and then we shared prayer requests and prayed together.  We reveled in not having the children with us.  We laughed - a lot.  We shared hard things from inside our hearts.  Later that night, as John and I were talking about it, I realized (all over again) that we are so blessed to be able to live in community with like-minded souls who are seeking to live lives that please the Lord.  What a gift.

Every good gift
(photo by the amazing Luke Davis from our Canada trip - I added the text.)

I feel like we get to see glimpses of heaven through our group.  I cannot imagine living life without other people, and I am so thankful that God designed us for fellowship.  He knew that in the midst of all of the heartache and joys that life can offer, that we would need safe places.  Places to be really known and loved.  Places to be encouraged, and for us, our community group is that place.  It takes work, because you have to be vulnerable, which often shows the messiness that it is easier to hide, but the payoff is so big!
      My heart is overwhelmingly grateful to God that we are allowed this opportunity during this time, and I am thankful to each family in our community group for helping us to see more of Him through their lives.

1 comments:

Amanda said...

Agree!

Great photo.

Looking forward to mtg u soon at Bloom!
Amanda