Saturday, December 30, 2017

DECEMBER FUN OVERLOAD

Well, the other reason that I haven't blogged much this month is that we've pretty much partied every other night.  Not really - but, we have certainly managed to cram a lot of lights, parties and fun into this month.  And even still, there is a long list of things that we didn't get to.  It may be clear that I am overly ambitious.  🤦🏻‍♀️ Also, I really did try to scale us back some, so we have successfully watched a lot of Christmas movies on the couch cuddled up under our fuzzy plaid Christmas blanket sipping hot chocolate.  (though with two active twins, it doesn't usually stay that simple for long!)

I'm gonna do a quick re-cap basically in bullets.  In the past, almost each one of these would have gotten it's own blog post, but that was clearly in another era.  I feel lucky to be getting them into this month at all. 🤣

- We visited the Santa in the mall, which everyone was excited about - though not all their faces show it.

Untitled

- My Book Club celebrated the holidays with festive food as we discussed What Alice Forgot - one of my favorite books!

Untitled

- CFA Central AR Operator Christmas Party.  We all gathered in Hot Springs for a delightful night of games and delicious food.  We really are privileged to work with some fantastic people!

Untitled

- The next weekend, we hosted our team CFA party on the UALR campus.  We had a blast eating and exchanging gifts and giving away door prizes!  Also, we are saying goodbye to some dear friends who have worked with us for many years now and are moving away. 😥

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

- Even though the girls all took turns having a really high fever for a lot of days in a row, we managed to make it to their class parties at just the 24 hour mark for two of them.  And William especially loved when Santa visited their school.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

- We visited the NLR Inflatables House that is always a sight to behold!

IMG_1114

-  Our D-group went out to dinner and then exchanged gifts and basically laughed a ton.  I love these peeps!

Untitled

- We had Christmas with Gran Gran who we adore!

Untitled

-  We caroled at an Assisted Living facility which turned out to be such a sweet time for all involved!

Untitled

-  We hit up Garvan Garden Holiday Lights with friends.  From Rwanda to Hot Springs, the Heads and the Spensts sure have a good time!

IMG_1142
IMG_1147
Untitled
IMG_1150

- We rounded out the month with dinner at Local Lime after Christmas.

Untitled
Untitled

When I look back over the month, I am blown away with thankfulness for the people that our life contains.  We are so fortunate to know and love so many treasured friends, family and co-workers.  Celebrating Christmas with each of them has been our joy - though sometimes a bit chaotic.  I am looking forward to a slower pace in January, but I sure do love a good party, and December had a bunch!

0 comments: