Tuesday, March 31, 2020

QUARANTINE CHRONICLES: NEW KITTEN

In these dark times, I'm looking for some sunshine in our lives.  Almost five years ago, one of our cats died, and due to the fact that we had a lot of very young children, we decided to limp along with the one remaining cat and not get another one.  When life turned much harder a few weeks back and we realized how much we would be at home, John graciously agreed that getting a kitten now actually made sense.

Meet Simba Q. Spenst.
Q represents the quarantine we are currently under.

Untitled

We're obsessed.

Untitled

Obviously, kittens do not fix everything.  We miss our people and routines badly.  I've had a couple of meltdowns as we have restarted schooling this week.  But, Simba is SO sweet and social and wants to be in the middle of everything, always.

Untitled

He makes being home almost all the time sweeter for everyone, and I am super grateful for him as a bright spot.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

I hatched this idea on my birthday and quickly realized that finding a kitten during the pandemic may be a bit tricky.  But, after a little searching, I located a litter of small kittens available at the animal shelter in Searcy where they were letting people in one family at a time with social distancing in place.  We went and picked out this sweet bundle of fluff.

Untitled

He's 8 weeks old and healthy and so far has done great!  He loves to play, but he also sleeps all night. Seems like a pretty good combo in my book.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Our other cat, Francie, is not yet a fan.  She is pretty sulky and growly, but I know they will warm up to each other and end up best friends.  It may take a while, but we've got time.

Untitled

Hope you enjoy kitten pics.  It not, sorry not sorry.  He's super cute, and we are in love.

Untitled

0 comments: