Friday, August 05, 2011

Happy 30th JPS!

      Today John turns the big 3-0.  Five months after me, so it is about time.  There are way more than 30 wonderful things about him, so I decided not to bore you all with a list.  He's the best husband, the best father and the best friend I have ever known.  I am so grateful that he was born.  He also makes me laugh a lot.  Here is the conversation we had last night.  (The background is that I have sort of given up cooking for the last month, so there is not much to eat at our house these days.  Never think that I do it all - I clearly do not.  I ate at CFA with the girls, and he came home a little later.  We discovered that he had not really eaten all day, which I cannot understand or empathize with at all, especially since we own a restaurant.  I also have told him that I have two other people that I have to keep up with what they eat, and I cannot make him eat as well.  Which brings us to last night.)
      C: "What are you eating?"
      J: "I just made what I would affectionately refer to as "Mexican Porridge."  Let me know when you get that down, and I will tell you the ingredients.  I am leaving my 20s with a bang."
      C:  laughing a lot
      J:  "Ground beef with taco seasoning, black bean and corn salsa, cheese blend and Spicy dressing from CFA.  Mexican Porridge.  You can put it on the blog."

So, there you have it.  Mexican Porridge.  To be fair, it really did taste pretty good.  At CFA today, our team celebrated him very well.  This picture was hung in the breakroom.

john small

There were other signs and balloons, as well as a book with super kind things written in it.  I ♥ our team.  But mostly, I love my hubby.  Happy Birthday, baby.  I have a feeling our little girls will be extra kind to you, since it is your special day.

4 comments:

Ellen said...

Happy Birhtday John! You're such a great guy... love you!

Christina said...

happy birthday, john!

Darlene said...

Great picture!

Anonymous said...

I hope he had a wonderful day.