Wednesday, August 31, 2011

My Favorite Salad: So Easy and Delicious!

      Well, you may or may not have noticed that I haven't exactly been posting many recipes.  That is because I basically took a hiatus from cooking - especially new recipes.  I have been in surviving mode, not that anything is so hard, but it felt hard to get food on the table.  We also do have the privilege of owning a restaurant, so we have been eating from there a bit more this summer.  Good thing the girls love chicken.  That said, last night we had friends over, and I made these Apple Pecan Brie Sandwiches and thought they should be accompanied by a tasty salad.  Enter - my favorite salad.  It is a knock off of the "ZaZa" by ZaZas restaurant here in Little Rock.

IMG_9698

Here's what you need.

Spinach Leaves
Strawberries
Blueberries
Goat Cheese
Glazed Walnuts
Dressing of Choice (mine is Balsamic Vinaigrette)

Throw the spinach in, and then top with blueberries, chopped strawberries, crumbled Goat Cheese and Glazed Walnuts.  There you have it.  How easy was that?

IMG_9694
IMG_9696
IMG_9697
IMG_9698

This is a salad that I have realized I could easily consume over and over again.  I like it that much.  Last night I added warm chopped chicken, because we needed a little more protein in our dinner, and I liked it with the chicken as well.  Seriously, so tasty.  And easy, since you can purchase the ingredients basically ready to go for you.  Hope you enjoy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks awesome! I love candied nuts in my salad.

Elizabeth said...

I love ZaZa's and I get that exact salad when I go. I've never made it mysef, but I need to!

Kristin Murdock said...

Oh Zaza, how I love thee.