Monday, August 15, 2011

This Little Piggy Had Monkey Juice

      This post is pretty silly.  You may have gathered that from the title.  This weekend was pretty relaxing - we went running/walking at the river, hung out with friends, went to a birthday party for a guy I have known all my life and played some soccer with our CFA team.  All in all, a well-rounded, great weekend.  My post on Friday was sort of a downer, though reality - thanks for all the encouragement and shout outs, because it is always nice to know that I am not the only one who struggles with toddlers and babies and constant demands.
      Another nice thing about this weekend was that it felt like Lily took the weekend off from being terrible, which was a welcome break.  She was largely quite pleasant, and I saw glimpses of what our child may grow to be - what a blessing.  Here are the girls eating lunch together on Saturday.

IMG_9422
IMG_9418
IMG_9417
IMG_9415

(Oh, Bella.  If only your 6 teeth could come in any quicker.  This waking up all the time at night thing is getting really old.  Good thing you are super cute and sweet.)

I got the camera out, because I looked over and realized that Lily had lined up some of her favorite toys on the window to eat with her.  I wanted to capture the moment, because she will not always do this, and it makes me smile a lot.

IMG_9402

When she realized that I was taking a picture, she told them all to "Smile and be nice."  Which must be what I say.  I am so original.

IMG_9403

Then, miracle of miracles, she wanted to be in the picture with them.

IMG_9406


She is a sweet girl, and the sweet glimpses this weekend were really encouraging.  I am thankful that parenthood is something that we are in for the long-haul, because I feel like it gets better all the time.  Not easier, but better.  Which brings me to the title of this post.  John and I think we are funny.  There - I said it.  We really do crack ourselves up, and so we thought it would be a funny joke for us in life if when we sang "This Little Piggy Went to Market" we changed out "Roast Beef" for "Monkey Juice."  And now that Lily can sing the song on her own, that is what she sings.  "This Little Piggy Had Monkey Juice - this Little Piggy Had None."  Some day when she finds out that this is not how the song goes, she will definitely think we are crazy, and it makes me giggle every time she says it.
      You may think we are cruel, but I want our house to be a fun place.  Monkey Juice seems like a lot of fun.

3 comments:

JennyMac said...

OMG, I'm in LOVE with the Elvis bear!!! Where did you get that? We're huge Elvis fans over here! (and Monkey Juice works great in that song, BTW)

Anonymous said...

The bears are so cute!I am so glad she decided to be in the picture.

Joeylee said...

your girls are adorable. I feel ya my little one has 3 teeth trying to come in and she wakes up multiple times a night! I love how your oldest lined up her bears, she has such a pretty smile