

Lily picks flowers (often the "weed" kind of flowers) and wants to put them in water when we get home. She does this almost daily, and I find it ever so endearing.
Bella can talk mostly very clearly now, but it is still in her baby voice. This comes across when she says stuff like, "That kitty is teeny, teeny, teeny." That will make me want to eat her right up.
Bella gives the best kisses in the whole world. She takes your face in her hands and pulls you straight to her to give you a kiss on the lips. I mean - it is totally irresistible.
Lily asks unusual questions, and she is always thinking. Two nights ago she asked, "What does it feel like when a dolphin tickles you?" I don't know, honey. I surely don't.
Both twins are starting to make noises that aren't crying. They have delicious little coos and gurgles that draw me right in.
Violet stares intently at people's faces as if she is memorizing them for all of time. I wonder who she will be and how her fascination with people will continue to shape her world.
William is the man of many faces. He is so very expressive, and he can still wrinkle his entire forehead. I know that extra skin won't last for that much longer since he is growing every moment.
Today, when I told Lily we were going to do a craft later, she laid out supplies for herself, Bella and I, on the table. Ready to go.
Bella tries to stop the babies from crying by first giving them their paci and then singing Jesus Loves Me at the top of her lungs.
Bella is fairly obsessed with all the children's Bibles in our homes. Most of them have had a rough life due to this, but I am so thankful that that is the book she has picked to hone in on.
Both babies still have their startle response in their sleep. So, if they is a loud noise (pretty common round these parts), then both their arms will go up in the air in unison.
I'm so thankful for each of these precious moments and the ways that little personalities manifest. I feel like I get an amazing front row view to the development of four amazing people, and I am grateful. There are so many hard moments and times that I feel anger bubbling near the surface, but there are the little things that make it all worthwhile. I am sure God knew that we would need the little things for all of us to make it through the early childhood years.





0 comments:
Post a Comment