Tuesday, November 17, 2015

LATELY

Right now, we are experiencing torrential rain.  I had the delight of walking three children to the car in the midst of it, which resulted in SOAKING wet pants and shoes, which we promptly removed in the shelter of our car.  But, we made it home, safe and sound and are now dry and warm, which is such a blessing.

Untitled

Here are a few other things that have gone down in the past week.  Bella performed with other children at my Women's Bible Study.  Seeing my child on stage always feels a bit surreal to me - how is that little person all of the sudden big enough to sing along and clap and do motions?  But she is, and she did great.

Untitled

That afternoon was the Fun Run at Lily's school.  I was roped into marking numbers on the back of shirts, and I felt pretty dizzy by the time about 75 kiddos had run past me 35 times.  Lily had a blast, and it was a gorgeous day to be outside.

Untitled
Untitled

That night, we took some of our CFA team and their families to a pizza place with lots of games.  Violet LOVED riding in the Go-Karts, while William literally screamed the entire time.  Then he wanted to get back in.  Because toddlerhood.  The girls had a great time, but after riding in fast circles  twice back to back, Bella later threw up her really healthy dinner of nachos.  Ah, childhood.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Waking up to this view really is something I treasure.  It's easy to take our backyard for granted, but when it blossoms out in red, oranges and yellows, I remember all over again how beautiful it is.

Untitled

Saturday afternoon turned into a whirlwind that included a movie birthday party we got to attend.

Untitled

Because the twins are allergic to eggs, I often just let them have frosting from the cake, and V licked the plate clean.

Untitled

I had the amazing privilege of sharing in some special family time with one of my friends and taking pictures of cherished moments for them.  This is how I felt about it.

Untitled

John and I saw the new Bond movie on Saturday night.  Spoiler alert: there is a Bond girl, lots of explosions, a car chase, a helicopter crashing and Bond lives through it all.  After the movie, we realized that some of our friends were also out and about without kiddos, and we met up for drinks and dessert and laughter.  I'm so thankful to do life with people who are real.  We laughed a lot about the disasters that abound while raising four young children.

Untitled

This Honest Toddler blog post sums up what it is like raising a toddler, but there are really sweet moments as well.  We will always say yes to after nap cuddles if the opportunity presents itself.

Untitled

Here's hoping we all get a chance to dry out soon!

0 comments: