Monday, November 09, 2015

THE HIGHS & LOWS OF LATELY

I actually meal planned last night and realized that Thanksgiving is in about 2.5 weeks.  What the what?  How does this always happen - that thing where life moves so incredibly quickly, and I just need to screw my head on straight and hold on?  Anyway, here are the highs and lows of lately that haven't already been covered on the blog.

High:  It's fall, and fall color is gorgeous.  Fact.  The painted trees seem to sing with brightness that no other season really allows, and I am reveling in it.

Untitled
Untitled

High:  I actually made it to lunch at Lily's school for the first time this year.  The time of her lunch is pretty bad for the schedule that we keep, so it was fun to bring her lunch and her siblings all at once.

Untitled

Low:  My keys have been missing since Halloween.  They seem to be nowhere, and I desperately miss my remote entry.  #firstworldproblems #butreallywherearethey

High:  This past week has been rich with meals shared with friends.  One of the highlights was a sushi lunch shared with my besties last Tuesday where we ordered a bunch of different rolls and sampled everything.  So good.  I want to do it again this second just looking at it.

Untitled

Low:  Being two years old is straight up the hardest work ever according to William.  This stank face is a norm these days.  But - just you watch, he can also charm with his smile that sneaks over his entire face and shines light whenever he lets it out.  Also, he sleeps with a lot of stuff.

Untitled

High:  Sometimes he shares the stuff.

Untitled

Twins really are so funny.  You never quite know what you are going to get from whom.  They keep us guessing!

High:  Lily had Fall Break last week which meant extra time for us to do really exciting stuff like shop for groceries.  They were especially excited about these tiny bananas which we did not purchase.

Untitled

Low:  My sweet oldest child has always had a dramatic streak, but now she has more elaborate vocabulary to go with it.  For whatever reason, she has decided that certain things make her far "too hot."  For example, when asked to put on pants when she wanted to wear shorts, she said, "These pants make it feel like my legs are touching the sun!"  Or, when I put a bow on her head, and it pulled at bit, she said, "It's making my head so hot.  Like, there is a bomb going off on my head!"  I'm glad there is such descriptive, albeit mislead, imagery at my house.

Low:  It is no fun to see a friend suffering, and this friend's adoption path has not been easy.  BUT - we did get to have a delicious and encouraging dinner on Friday night, reminding me that God knows what we need, and we often need togetherness.  I'm so thankful to do life with these women.

Untitled

High:  We got to attend the cutest birthday party for my friend's foster son on Saturday.  My children were especially excited about their dog.  Seeing my friends and the child's mother and brother singing Happy Birthday all together had me in tears.  Such a beautiful picture of what the church should be.

Untitled
Untitled

Low:  Saturday night I felt pretty ill.  It's never fun to spend an evening on the couch when you certainly had other things in mind.  But - I could just make the sunset out from my place on the couch, and when John came inside, he showed me the picture he snagged of it.  God is so creative!  And, though I still have a slight head cold, I recovered quickly.

Untitled

High:  Seeing the difference between when you ask two year olds to smile and six year olds.  I'm glad some things get better with time.

Untitled
Untitled
(The hand-holding was their idea.)

Low:  Since William is not exactly easy going these days, his haircut did not go entirely smoothly.  However, he settled down after a while as I fed him mint after mint.  Glad that's done.

Untitled

Hope your week is off to a nice start - it's beautiful here today!  Hoping it keeps up.

0 comments: