Tuesday, February 09, 2016

14 ON 8: DAY IN THE WINTER LIFE

Especially since it is likely that my three littles will spend their days elsewhere come fall time, I want to remember what it was like to have a day with them.  Yesterday was a pretty good snapshot of our life.

8ish am: I went in to dress the twins for the day and found they have spread shoes and some clothing throughout the room.  All of the time.

Untitled

after 9 am:  For reasons only known to her, Bella decided she didn't want to go to childcare during my workout class.  Instead she sat and "read" her book and also did some laying.

Untitled

10:15ish am:  I had to get stamps and didn't have enough time to order them online, so I took everyone in.  They really enjoyed checking out all the shipping supplies.

Untitled

11ish am:  Target was also up on the agenda.  This meant a visit to the "potty potty potty" as Violet calls it and the delight of the hand dryer.  Then we had popcorn for everyone to drop on the floor.

Untitled
Untitled

after 12 pm:  We drove through CFA (where else?) and ate lunch on our Lego-laden table.  I had a salad with a side of salad.  I love the new Superfood side!

Untitled

1:31 pm:  I worked on picking up the house while finishing up Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell.  I loved the book - though it is certainly not for everyone.  It's about a girl that writes fan fiction for a Harry Potter-like series and her first year of college.  I really liked the first Rainbow Rowell book I read - Eleanor and Park - I highly recommend it.  (though be warned, there is some language in both of these)

Untitled
(I also realized in the last month that you can speed up your audiobook!  I can listen faster - which is awesome.)

2ish pm:  I finished cutting up the kiddos Valentine's that I had printed at Target, and I'm so pleased.  They really were simple, and we're going to tape them to Airheads that I got from Amazon.  I totally copied this tutorial by Rage Against the Minivan.

Untitled

3:30ish pm:  I was finishing up my shower, so the girls gathered in the bathroom to look at our newest photo album from Shutterfly.

Untitled

5ish pm:  I caught both girls together during their gymnastics class.  I don't think I have serious gymnasts on my hands (no surprise), but they do enjoy Monday afternoons.

Untitled

6ish pm:  Dinner was almost done!  I've really gotten into roasting everything.  In the last year, my appreciation for vegetables tossed in EVOO and salt and pepper and then thrown in the oven has grown ten-fold.  They are so good!  And healthy!  And not hard!  All things that I need in my life at dinner time.

Untitled

7:15ish pm:  After bath brush through of Violet's hair.  I now know that I can really style Violet's hair, but I also know how hard it is to get her to stay actually still for any length of time.  So for now, I mostly Co-wash (conditioner only wash) her hair once a week, detangle it with leave-in conditioner, and then shingle (group curls together by running my fingers through) it with gel.  She sleeps with a cap on, and it looks cute with a bow in it during the days!  Works for us during this busy busy busy stage in Violet's life.

Untitled

almost 8 pm:  We watched a few music videos before bed and somehow landed on the classic "We are the World" from the mid 1980's full of every major music celeb of the time.  It was a trip, and the girls loved taking it with us.

Untitled

9ish pm:  Confession time.  I've been watching this season of The Bachelor, which I know perfectly well is a bit trashy, but I like it anyway.  It's mindless and fun and pretty and maybe he really will find love . . . or not.  John has watched a couple of episodes with me, and last night, we thoroughly enjoyed mocking the worst group date ever.  Who wants to swim with pigs in the Bahamas and feed them chicken hot dogs?  That is really what they did, and it turned so awkward, because that was the entirety of activity planned for them, which is not nearly enough for six women and one man to be entertained by for a whole day.  Obvs.

Untitled

10ish pm:  I headed downstairs to feed the kitty and had to walk through the Lego minefield that leads to our basement.  Maybe in this magical tidying process, we will get a better system than this.

Untitled

And that was my Monday during this February.  I know it will not always look like this, but for now - I'm thankful that it does.

0 comments: