Monday, March 13, 2017

HIGHS & LOWS OF LATELY

March is almost halfway over, and I realize that I'm just not keeping up with all the things (i.e. the blog).  Mostly, I feel okay about this.  I've been making an effort to sleep more, and other things just have to fall by the wayside.  Here's a sampling of our highs and lows from recently.

High: John's parents moved to Little Rock!  This has been a long time in the making, and we are thrilled to have more family in town.  The move went incredibly smoothly all the way from Colorado to Arkansas, and we thank the Lord for his help in all the details that went into it.  Our kiddos are super excited, and we "helped" them unpack when they got to town.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Low: The one downside to this was that John was gone for three days to help, so I was winging it here on the home front.  But - we all survived.  It does get easier the older the kiddos get - though I would still not call it easy.

Untitled
Untitled

High: Going dairy free is really helping Violet's skin, which is a huge blessing!  And, the less that she is uncomfortable, the more we are all enjoying life.  Here she is after attending all of dance class last week with the treat she earned for doing so.

Untitled

High:  Flowers blooming everywhere.  I feel all 😍😍😍 about this.

Untitled

Low:  I feel less excited about the sudden and drastic cold weather left turn this month has made.

Low:  I feel even worse about the way this change in the weather seems to be affecting my sensitive-to-everything children.  We are currently battling coughs with the twins, accompanied by a fever for one.  In other sick news at our house - last week I got the stomach bug, which was intense, though it was mercifully short lived.  And another child woke up with a crazy bad case of hives that had swollen one of her eyes almost shut.  She was most concerned about missing her teacher's birthday celebration at school, and after a little anti-histamine and a couple of hours, she was able to make the celebration after all.

Untitled
(I'm really thankful that these two swallow any medicine with no fight whatsoever - it's a real gift - they think it's fun!)

High: Finding ways to bake without milk and eggs.  I guess this isn't necessarily a "high," but there is not a line-item for "Necessity" in this blog post, so I'll go ahead and put a positive spin on it.   I purchased "Vegan Buttery Sticks" (their actual name) at Kroger and managed to make donuts that were quite tasty - though a little strange texture wise.  I've got a ways to go on perfecting a donut recipe.  Three out of four children loved the donuts, and all four loved seeing Moana again while eating Moana inspired treats.

Untitled
Untitled

Low: Picky eaters.  I don't think anyone prepared me for how challenging family meals were going to be - even as children age.  Maybe especially as children age, because I expect more from them.  Unfortunately, I still have some underperformers in the eating area, with one being particularly difficult.  It did inspire this sign that is currently up in our breakfast nook.

Untitled

High: Seeing Phantom of the Opera with friends.  I've always wanted to see this production, and while it is not my favorite musical, it really was amazing.  The music has been familiar to me for years, so I enjoyed putting a story with the classic.  We had a great night out!

Untitled
Untitled

High :  This Saturday, I was walking into the mall by myself.  I was carrying one twin and had another (crying) twin by the hand.  The girls were running ahead while I called out to them to slow down.  I actually had a guy hit on me in this exact moment.  Now - his sanity could *NO DOUBT* be questioned, but I realized that I am now to the age where I actually thought to myself - "Welp.  All is not lost.  I've still got it.  Whatever 'it' may be." 😂🤣😂🤣

Maybe I'll get around to writing more again soon - I've missed it!  I regularly compose blog posts in my mind while doing other things.  Hopefully, I'll get to writing more of those out.

0 comments: