So, I am coming clean. I do not have it all together. I may have made dinner last night that was tasty, but the other nights this week I made super basic french toast, frozen pizza and then we went out. My house is not nearly as clean as it looks in the pictures, and my children can throw crazy fits (okay, maybe only one of them), sometimes in public. John and I do not always get along - we are blessed to so much of the time, but there are really hard times too. And, without Jesus, I am not a nice person. He really is all that is good inside of me, and I want to lean on him more and rely on myself less. Even as I type that, I experience a twinge of fear, because I know that means stepping out in faith and living more sacrificially, which sounds hard. And I do not like doing things that are hard, but I know that God is made more perfect in my own weakness.
If you read my little blog (thanks!), please know that I want to keep it real - and this is real.
So is this - a picture of me trying to get ready this morning and what that can entail these days.

Bella is in the sink, which she is about to turn on and drench herself, requiring a full outfit change. Lily is delightfully trying to rearrange all of my make-up and anything else she can get her hands on or ask for. Sometimes, like this morning, it was exhausting just to get out of the door with all of us dressed. But, that is life with two little friends under two. I should also probably wrap this up, because, for the second day running, I am listening to our cat be stuck in Lily's room during her "nap" time. Poor kitty. Lily keeps laying on her, and Francie keeps pawing at the door and meowing piteously. But I know if I go in there, then all peace will be lost, so I haven't exactly hurried to rescue the cat.
I am also linking up this post with a blog that I just discovered and love. She has 5 kids and a sixth on the way, which really puts my life into perspective. She does a feature called "Embrace the Camera", encouraging moms to be in pictures with their children and capture real life moments. I think mine qualifies.






7 comments:
I can testify to all that you have said but I happen to still think you are pretty neato. I am sure glad we know you and I am grateful you call me friend despite the deer head on the side of my house.
Love this ' keepin it real' post. Reminds me of our Stuck study. It was so freeing just to talk to other girls about how stuck in sin we really are. PS. My bathroom counter looks
Exactly the same way when I'm getting ready! Two under two is very interesting:)
Thanks for being honest! I found myself nodding and agreeing with all that you were saying... in reference to me. I too feel similarly about myself and need to learn to rely on God more, but I'm not sure what that looks like day in and day out. I love reading your blog! Thanks again!
Love it Carol! thanks for the honesty!
Carol, your openness with who you really are and how much each of us need God is precious. It is true we each have that sinful nature and have our areas of weakness. The neat thing is that God sees our videos of everything and loves us anyway. Keep being transparent and real; it is freeing. Love you!
Carol, I really identify with this post. I find that my own blog posts are a little too perfect sometimes, and believe me, perfect is not how I would describe my household! I really enjoy your blog and the refreshing honesty.
AUTHENTICITY: my favorite (and sometimes least favorite) thing in life. Love you Carol!
Post a Comment