Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Our Old House: Lily's Nursery

      As I was going through old pictures, I stumbled upon pictures of Lily's nursery.  Since I didn't really keep up with our little blog then, I decided to post the pics of what Lily's nursery looked like in our old house.  I had such a great time doing this room and was sad to leave it.

IMG_3388
IMG_3387
(I just noticed that baby Lily is in that last pic.  Time does fly.)

So, I wanted to do a Butterfly mural in tone on tone colors.  I liked this bluish lavender color, and I painted the whole room the middle color on the color strip.  Then, I got smaller quantities of the colors on either side of the base color.  I got the lighter purple in a glossy sheen, and I got the darker purple in a flatter sheen to add even more dimension to the mural.  John helped me ghetto-rig a flash light with a cut out of a butterfly shape to project onto the wall.  I traced the shapes in pencil, and then painted them the different colors.  (The butterfly shapes were tattoo outlines that I printed off of some random website.)

Picnik collage

Most of the rest of the stuff in the room has been brought to our new house and used in Bella's Nursery and Lily's Room, but this is what it looked like all put together in this room.  I used a smaller version of the same applique that I used on the bedding to line the curtains and go around the lampshade.

IMG_3386
Picnik collage
IMG_1272.JPG
Picnik collage

I hope you enjoyed this tour of Lily's baby nursery.  It was so fun to put together!  Also, I have figured out how to add a reply feature to my comments, so if you leave me a comment - now I can reply to it more directly in the comment section.

0 comments: