Monday, May 23, 2011

Weekend: This is How We Bowl

      My heart is heavy, because I have been watching coverage of the Joplin tornado and have been saddened by the loss of life and destruction.  The free-standing CFA there was mostly destroyed, and we are praying for our friends who own and operate it as they move forward in the days ahead.  The pictures are gut-wrenching, and there are so many things that must happen to return any sense of normalcy to their lives and the lives of all they work with.
      Weekends bring many things to our house.  It brought our regular Saturday morning trip to the LR River Trail, where John does a long run with Lily, and I do a long walk with Bella.  This Saturday, there was water everywhere, and they are doing construction on the trail, so we had to off-road in the strollers a bit.  But, our favorite thing about this weekend was definitely our bowling outing with our fabulous team from Chick-fil-A.  This is how we bowl.

IMG_7951


We had a great turn out, and it was so much fun to see everyone enjoying time with their families and each other.  We are blessed beyond measure with a team of people who genuinely care about us and one another (and our guests - hopefully if you have eaten with us, you understand what I mean!).  It was such a privilege to watch them love on our girls.  I never held Bella the whole time we were there, because she was being passed around the loving arms of our sweet staff.  And, Lily had a great time playing with some of the other children there.

IMG_7864
Picnik collage
IMG_7886

I appliqued a shirt from the Goodwill for John to bowl in.

IMG_7881
Picnik collage
Picnik collage
(I polished off those super healthy nachos almost singlehandedly.)

So fun to see all the fun being had.

Picnik collage
IMG_7909
Picnik collage

John hosted a contest for the "Best Bowling Shirt."  This was how it went down.  Hilarious - and I was so impressed by all the home-made shirts - especially the one that won.  Congrats, DJ!

Picnik collage
IMG_7927


Lily "bowled" for the first time with help from her new friends.  She mostly stared blankly and chewed on a straw while this was going down, but she did seem to enjoy it and give John "knucks" afterwards.

IMG_7940
IMG_7946
Picnik collage
IMG_7914

I was a great team outing.  I am so thankful to the Lord for the dear people that he has brought to us.  We ♥ our wonderful Chick-fil-A family!

1 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I always eat at your CFA when I'm in town! I bet you guys are really fun to work for:)