Monday, July 11, 2011

Weekend: Family, Fitness and Fun Food

      How's that for alliteration?  This past weekend the greater portion of the McCulley family came to visit and play.  They originally came because my brother, Mike, was installing glass into our door (pictures to come in another post), and it sort of snowballed from there.  Mom and Wes joined in the fun, and then Laura and fiancee, Ryan, decided to come as well.  It was great to have everyone visit, since they all live in Kansas.  Here's a bit of what we did.

We hung out at the pool.  Good thing too, since it is flipping hot here.  Like, face-melting hot.

IMG_4318
Picnik collage
IMG_4314
IMG_4311

We all worked out.  These three did the "Insanity" workout, which I enjoy watching them do.

IMG_9002

The four of us (+Lily) did the Twilight 5K down by the river.  That is the first time I have even attempted running that far in several years, so Ash and I walked part of it.  But we finished it running, and, though it was still face-melting hot at 7:30 p.m., we had fun.

IMG_4320
Picnik collage
IMG_4329
(I need more fist-pumping pictures in my life.  I am officially a cheese-ball.)
Picnik collage
IMG_4321

Our official race photographers, Ryan and Laura.

Picnik collage

On Sunday, we ate at a fun new restaurant that delivers your food by train called All Aboard.  It was marvelously fun for everyone, and the little girlies were transfixed by the trains going by.  Even Bella's little head would swivel around watching them.

IMG_4342
IMG_4343

The train carries your basket of food, and then drops it off onto the little platform above your table.  Then, it lowers down to you.  So fun.

Picnik collage
Picnik collage
IMG_4352

If you are in town, you need to add this to your must-do list, especially with kids.  It is over on Cantrell.  As an added bonus, Mom and Wes stayed one more night than everyone and kept our girls for us.  This meant that John and I got to have a night away.  Because of the stage of life that we are in, we ended up spending much of the time sleeping.  That is what sounded the best.  Ahh, how children will change your life.  We did sneak in a great meal at Bonefish.

IMG_4353

Happy Monday - hope you all had great weekends!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Awesome! Sounds like a great weekend! I wish I enjoyed working out and running, I love the idea of being a runner :)

Glad you got some time out and away!

Joeylee said...

Sounds like you had an awesome weekend. It's always nice to get out!
have a great day

Anonymous said...

sounds like a wonderful weekend! What a neat little restaurant.

Kristin Murdock said...

So many things:
1. Ah-mazing fist pump picture
2. Your head to toe pink race outfit is hilariously awesome.
3. John is super dad running with the jogger stroller.
4. Glenn and I have been DYING to try that train restaurant! We went over there one night to have dinner but it was already closed!
5. Nice work on the 5k, let's run the next one together! :)