Thursday, April 17, 2014

THIS WEEK'S MAYHEM

Having four children often feels a bit chaotic, but this week seems to have taken the cake.  Each day has brought some calamity that I did not foresee.  On Monday, as we got out of the car to go into gymnastics, I discovered that I had not one, but two, children covered in bodily fluids.  Bummer.  Thankfully, I saw a friend who was headed in and sent one child in with her while I tried to get Violet cleaned up.  There was poop everywhere, including on my shirt, but I'll spare you the visual on that.

Afterlight

On Tuesday morning, it was time for our Bloom brunch.  I ended up bringing Violet in with me for a while, because she had been wheezing and needed her inhaler.  I wanted to make sure her breathing was under control before I took her back to childcare.  I took her back, and after another 15 minutes, I got a text that Bella wasn't feeling well.  So, Bella came into the brunch with me for a bit.  Then, another text.  Violet was wheezing again.  I felt like a freak show as I kept leaving my table that was at the front and center of the room.  It was just as fun as it sounds.

But, the brunch was good, and it was great to see these lovely ladies.  We missed you, Kelly and Connie!

Afterlight

On Wednesday, as I was getting everyone into MDO, it was pretty chilly, and there were a few whiners in the bunch.  During the drop off, William plunged straight out of the stroller to face-plant on the floor, because in the midst of everything, I had forgotten to buckle him in.  His mouth kept filling with blood as he screamed.  It was a bit gruesome.  And Lily started wailing as well and refused to be taken to her class by anyone else.  All in all, I am hoping they forget this incident by the time Mother's Day rolls around in a few weeks, because I would get no cards or candy for sure.

If I could afford to have my most usual babysitter follow me around as a personal assistant with my children, I am sure that I would do that.  (Did you hear that, Lindsay?)  Thankfully, almost everywhere I go, I have lots of help, and I am so thankful, cause it is a traveling circus to be sure.

Other mayhem this week has included Violet just starting to crawl a bit - which is a big deal.  Yay, Violet!  The girls decided to get all of the new dishes I got yesterday (that already needed to be washed) and use them as something for Violet to crawl to.  They are the best cheerleaders, and the plates are melamine, so I decided to go with it.

Afterlight

John and I snuck in a delicious anniversary date downtown, and we were seen off by Lily, who likes to climb on top of the car before we go anywhere.

Afterlight
Afterlight

This morning, we decided to take advantage of the beautiful weather and picnicked at the park with friends.  Such great weather and such good friends.  Maybe spring really is here.  This week it became really green in our city.

Afterlight

And just shy of one year, William's first tooth finally came through.  Violet already has three, so it was nice to see that he was not far behind.  Teething really is for the birds and seems to last for years.



Nothing super traumatic has happened yet today, but I feel a bit on edge.  I've been fastidious with stroller buckles, but surely, I am missing something.  Like my brain.  Hopefully, we will get on a better track for the rest of the week!

0 comments: