So far, our time here has been rich and full, as I imagined it would be. It really is the land of a thousand hills, and the views from almost every road seem unbelievable. It is beautiful - truly.


People and cars and motorcycles and buses crowd the streets to create a bustling, thriving city landscape. It is fascinating to observe and engage with. Some of our trip highlights so far include:
- exchanging money and loving that animals are on the currency

(I don't think those are CFA cows, but you never can tell 😜)
- shopping for things that look like Noonday jewelry but don't cost quite so much 🙌, though I guess I did pay for a plane ticket here, so it might be a wash 😳😁

- eating lunch at Heaven, which - let me just tell you - tasted like heaven. It was a full buffet with a stunning vista and delightful little nooks and crannies to explore.



(I felt like I legitimately needed 3 kinds of jam.)

(Sugarcane that we got to sample)
(Fresh avocados at every meal. I'm officially obsessed.)
(It feels a little tragic that these mangos are not yet ripe.)
- We attended New Life Church this morning. Worshipping with brothers and sisters in other countries always feels like such a gift and privilege and reminder that heaven will be made up of every tribe, tongue and nation.

- We also visited the Esther House, a program (by Africa New Life) that helps sponsor girls attending college here in Rwanda. 30 of the scholars met with us in a joyous time of fellowship, laughter, treats and learning. We got to hear about their dreams, and I am amazed at the ways they are looking forward to sharing their lives in Rwanda to make it better. They also danced and sang for us, which brought tears to my eyes from the sheer beauty of it until they had us join them. 😂


Also on our itinerary today was a visit to the Kigali Genocide Memorial, which I will write about in another post. I don't have the words to describe it yet, and I'm not sure that I will ever be able to do it justice.
It's been an amazing trip so far, and we are only a couple of days in. Thanks for following along and praying for us!










0 comments:
Post a Comment