Wednesday, September 21, 2016

16 ON 20: DAY IN THE FALL LIFE

So.  Our lives have changed a lot this fall with everyone being in school and me traveling a lot.  I wanted to document what one of those days looks like - here's yesterday.

7ish am:  Kids sitting together, eating breakfast.  They love Cracklin' Oat Bran right now, and I just bought five boxes of it before I leave town.  Wouldn't want to run out. 😳

Untitled

8 am:  Walking the twins into school is usually a difficult task.  They both have so many things they want to carry or stop to see on the 20 foot walk from the car to the door.  You better believe those Star Wars stickers were mission critical to whatever Violet needed to do.

Untitled

9ish am:  A walk through my neighborhood.  I love where I live.

Untitled

10ish am:  I got an email from the library saying I owed $25 per these three books that were hiding in the girls' room.  I decided it was worth hunting them down to avoid paying $75 for books I don't even want AND to be able to unlock my online library account where I regularly download books.  Mission accomplished.

Untitled

11ish am - 2:45ishp pm:  I ran a bunch of errands trying to get myself and my household ready for me to be gone.  Without the kiddos, I can notice different things, like this beautiful rose wreath at the library and the fact that pumpkins and mums are upon us.  When I get back, it will be October.  Say what?!?

Untitled
Untitled

And, with the children gone all day, I get to spend more time with my cat.  She's sitting next to me even now as I type this.

Untitled

3:05 pm:  The girls came traipsing in from the bus, one of their favorite activities from school each day.

Untitled

3:30 pm:  We picked up the twins and got to see the artwork they just completed.  While I wouldn't ideally choose to have them in full time school at this age, I am thrilled with all they get to do while they are there.  It is really great, and they love it.

Untitled

4:15ish pm:  I forgot to take milk for the twins when I went to get them from school, and they cried the ENTIRE way home.  Then, there was iPad drama.  After school is usually very intense, because they are tired but also sort of restless.

Untitled

4:30ish pm:  BUT, there are sweet moments too.  Here's Violet kissing my leg.  She's currently in a kissing stage where she blows kisses to everything and everybody.  When she's not mad about something, that is.

Untitled

5:00ish pm:  We all hung out outside together, because I am trying to soak in time with them.  Here are our kissing faces, and we took a walk/wagon ride with middling success.

Untitled
Untitled
(That picture is while the twins pulled the girls which definitely had highs and lows.)

6:00 pm:  John and I had a CFA Dedication Dinner for the new CFA opening up in Little Rock this week.  Got to love when Operators are twinning.

Untitled

7ish pm:  It was at the Castle on Stagecoach Road, which I have seen, but never visited.  Now I want to go back!

Untitled

After the Dedication Dinner, we headed to our small group to see our friends and share a little life.  I forgot to get a pic, but it was great to touch base in the midst of this busy month.

11:31 pm:  I ordered the Falling Free book by Shannan Martin on Kindle so I will have it for my trip. I am so looking forward to reading it!

Untitled

I leave for Rwanda in less than 24 hours.  I did so much before our DR trip that I have felt *mostly* calm about it, except that I keep randomly crying.  I am planning to blog about the trip while on it, so check in for posts from Rwanda!

0 comments: